Chapter 8

We were greeted by the sound of pans clattering and dropping in the kitchen. The loud sound made Arthur and I cover our ears. My mom came running out of the kitchen.

"You must be Arthur!"

My mom studied his appearance before extending her arm out to shake his hand. He gave her a shy smile and shook her hand lightly.

"Yeah, nice to meet you."

"Please, the pleasure is all mine." She released his hand. There was a moment of silence before I spoke up.

"Hey mom, wheres Mattie? I want to introduce him."

Her face darkened and she crossed her arms.

"He didn't tell you?"

I tilted my head to the side as a response.

"He isn't welcome in this house anymore. I caught him sleeping with that kid, Gilbert."

She said, her eyes flaming with anger. My stomach dropped to my feet. What the hell was he thinking?

"S-so, he's gone?"

"I'm afraid so. Sorry Alfred, but it had to be done."

I let a tear fall out of my eye. He was my only brother. He was the only person I could rely on, besides Arthur. I know I can't blame Gilbert for this, and I definitely can't blame Matthew. I could see it in both their eyes that they loved each other very much, and they just made a stupid mistake, thats all. I grabbed Arthur and did the same thing he does to me, I dragged him down the hall and to my room, which was on the first floor. I slammed the door behind me and jumped on my bed, sobbing into my pillow. Thank God it muffle my screams when I let them out. I felt my bed shift and felt a hand on my back. Arthur started gently running his hand up and down the back of my shirt, trying to calm me down.

"Um, are you okay?"

I didn't lie. I don't ever want to lie to him.

"No, I'm not."

At this he jumped on my back, resting his chest and head on my back and shoulder blades. He reached his arms down and snaked them around my waist, holding me close. He kissed the back of my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"Well you will be."

He paused for a moment.

"Uh, am I allowed to be doing this?"

I sniffed and rolled over on my back, holding Arthur tightly so he didn't fall off the bed. I laid him back down on my chest.

"I don't even care anymore. Besides, my mom never comes in my room."

He reached his hand up and wiped away my tears. He buried his head into the crook of my neck and breathed in deeply. We fell asleep safely in each others arms.

// Time skip brought to you by Sweden. Secretly really sassy. \\

We awoke to the sound of the door opening.

"Boys, its time for lun-"

Arthur scrambled off of me and tried to make it seem like it was nothing, but my mom knew what she saw. She put a hand to her mouth and gasped. Tears lined her eyelids.

"Not you too Alfred..."

He eyes quickly turned form sorrow to anger as she clenched her hands into tight fists. I was so screwed. I looked to Arthur. He had his head down and was hugging his knees. My mother made her way across my room to my bed. She grasped me by my shirt and pulled my face close to hers. I gulped in fear. She raised her arm and did something she never had done before.