Chapter 14

A/N- THERE WILL BE SOME LIME AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER! ENJOY ;)

Beeeeeeeeeeep.

Everything that happened next was a blur.

All I remembered was screaming for help, nurses coming in, me getting out of my restraints and being held in Mrs. Kirkland's arms.

// Time skip brought to you by Belgium's waffles. Best waffles in the world. \\

I woke up in a chair. Not a restraint chair, a normal hospital waiting room chair. I glanced around. The receptionist was on the phone with someone. There was a pregnant woman across the room with her husband holding her hand. They looked anxious. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned and I was face-to-face with Mrs. Kirkland. Her eyes were red and puffy with mascara streaks down her cheeks. Mr. Kirkland sat next to her and rubbed her shoulder. Mrs. Kirkland took my hand in hers.

"I'm so sorry Alfred."

I furrowed my brows and started to panic.

"For what?"

"I'm so sorry he tried this. He tried it before and I thought he was getting better, but..."

She started crying again. Mr. Kirkland wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close. I held onto her hand even tighter.

"Is he..?"

There was fear in my voice. I was terrified that I lost him.

"No, thank God. His heart stopped though, they had to put him through another surgery."

I sighed in relief as all the weight was instantly lifted from my shoulders.

"Can I see him?"

Arthur's dad spoke up.

"Yes, I'll take you to his room."

We both stood an I followed him down the hall. He stopped on of the last doors down the hallway. The name tag beside the door read Arthur Kirkland. I took a deep breath and twisted the handle. He looked the same as he did before... you know.

I inhaled deeply and walked to the chair next to the hospital bed. I sat down as Arthur's dad closed the door, leaving me and Arthur alone. I took his hand in mine. His hand was ice cold. I brought it up to my lips and held it there, letting salty tears drip onto his soft hand. I looked at his face, it was pale and had so much pain plastered on it. Oh Arthur...

He gave my hand a little squeeze and his eyes started to flutter. I squeezed his hand tighter as his now dull green eyes landed on me.

"A-Alfie?"

His voice was hoarse and dry. I choked back a sob. He took his hand away from my lips and caressed my cheek, wiping away my tears. I held his hand there.

"Don't cry for me, love."

I shook my head and looked at his pained expression.

"I-I... I thought y-you were going to d-die."

He frowned and looked away, tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"That was the plan..."

He said in a hushed tone. I reached over and turned his face to mine.

"Promise you won't ever try this again. I don't want to lose you."

He sighed and thought for a minute. I looked at him intently. He then nodded and wrapped his pinky in my mine.