Merge; How it all began

HOW IT ALL BEGAN

February, 2012

****

A grunt left the blondes lips as he stood on his tip toes and stretched his arm as high as he could without completely toppling over and knocking down the stand of cookies that was next to him. Luke huffed in annoyance, standing on his heels again with his hands on his hips as he eyed the only box of flu medicine the store had left. With one last burst of energy the blonde jumped up and tried reaching for the box, only achieving in knocking it down further out of his grasp.

A light chuckle was heard behind him and he stood on his heels again. the blonde turned around hastily, his eyes falling upon a man a few inches taller than himself, soft hazel eyed, curly headed, and dimpled. Luke blushed profusely as he switched his weight from one foot to the other continuously. The hazel eyed man moved closer to Luke, reaching his hand high behind the blonde and grabbing the box of flu medicine. He backed away a few inches as he held it out to the blonde with a soft smile.

"I've kind of been watching you struggle for the past five minutes" The man admitted with a harsh crimson blush dusting across his tan cheeks. The blonde's cheeks seemed to have copied the other mans as he realized the man was watching him jump up and down in hopes of reaching the box of medicine.

"Well that's not embarrassing at all" The blonde chuckled sarcastically, his lips portraying a soft smile.

"It was actually very adorable. So is this blush that seems to not be going away" The man brushed his fingers across Luke's cheeks as the blonde blushed an ever deeper shade of red. Luke cleared his throat as the man dropped his hand awkwardly. The blonde took the box of medicine and tossed it into his basket before turning back to the man.

"I'm Luke. Thank you for getting the box for me, that was really sweet" The blonde smiled warmly up at the man who's hazel eyes seemed to have brightened when the blonde started to speak again.

"I'm Ashton. It was no problem" The curly haired man shrugged. Luke looked down at the box in Ashton's hands that he didn't notice before. The blonde blushed again as his eyes fell upon the box of tampons that the taller man was holding.

"Those for your wife?" The blonde asked, preventing himself from sighing in utter disappointment that the beautiful man who had helped him might actually be taken. Ashton looked down at his hands with furrowed eyebrows then back up again at the frowning blonde. Ashton wanted to coo at how the blonde looked so disappointed, but knowing now really wasn't the time.

"Oh, no no no. I'm not married. I don't even have a girlfriend actually. I'm gay" Luke wanted to leap for joy, but he kept his composer as asked the next question.

"Then who are you getting those for?" He asked.

"I-um-I have two teenage daughters" Ashton mumbled, afraid he would scare the beautiful blonde off. But Luke smiled softly as he nodded.

"Really? How old are they?" Luke asked. Ashton snapped his head up with a surprised smile. Usually when he blurts out that he has two teen daughter guys go running in the opposite direction. They would make an awful and awkward excuse to get away and never look back.

"Uh- fourteen, they're twins. I have another little girl, she's two" Ashton explained with a gentle smile, he always loved talking about his beautiful girls.

"That's wonderful. I've always wanted a baby girl but I got two boys" Luke playfully rolled his eyes, but he loved his two baby boys, well they weren't babies but they were always going to be lukes babies.

"How old are they?" Ashton asked.

"Both almost fifteen. They're feternal twins" luke said.

"What are their names?" Ashton asked, loving the sparkle that comes to lukes eyes when he talks about his sons.

"Michael and Troye. Troye's my sensitive one and Michael's more of my closed off one but they're both trouble makers. What about your girls?" Luke said with a small smile, chuckling lightly.

"My littlest is Evangeline, she's my princess. Ember- the older twin- she's my troublemaker, always getting into trouble at school and bringing boys home, Emilia- the younger twin- she's my quiet one, usually on her laptop kept to herself" Luke admired the way Ashton's face would soften so delicately when he talked about his girls, like they were the sun and the moon.

"What about their mothers?" Luke hesitantly asked. Ashton smiled softly, making Luke relax.

"Embers and Emelias mom was a one night stand but we stayed connected after finding out she was pregnant. We were never together but she stayed with me while she was pregnant. After she gave birth to the girls she had to take this pain medication for the pain in her stomach, but she quickly got addicted. When the girls turned two their mom overdosed, they don't remember her but it's still a lot to carry" Ashton explained, Luke frowned as he grazed his hand over Ashton's with a soft smile.

"What about Evangeline?" Luke asked, trying to make Ashton smile again.

"Now Evangeline was the result of another one night stand. Her mom didn't want her so I gladly offered to keep my baby girl" Ashton chuckled. Luke smiled softly. Luke looked down at the box of flu medicine in his basket and frowned, picturing troye lying on the couch in a pile of blankets-the way Luke had left him.

"I should get this to my son" Luke said as he turned slowly to walk away. Ashton looked a bit panicked as he stammered.

"Let me take you out sometime" Ashton all but shouted as luke turned to walk away. The blonde smiled shyly as he turned back to face the hazel eyed man.

"I'd like that"