☆ 12 February

"Where is this dickwad?" Lola hissed as she passed the living room.

"Language" Luke scolded as he handed Michael the pop tart he had asked for, getting a low 'sorry' from Lola. Michael quietly thanked his mumma, eating the food in hopes that it would comfort him. Luke sat himself down on Ashton's knee, trying to calm his own nerves.

"He's an hour late" Lola pointed out. Michael frowned.

"What if he doesn't come?" Michael asked, swallowing the lump in his throat. Everyone stayed silent, the question going unanswered because no one knew how to answer it. If Calum didn't come then Michael would have to make that decision himself, if he would like to go to whenever he was or wait until he decided to come to Michael.

They sat there in silence until three loud knocks interrupted the peacefully tense environment. Ashton slowly got up, careful not to drop Luke. The eldest man walked to the door, calming his rising hatred towards the boy as he opened the door.

Calum looked up at Ashton with a scared expression written on his face.

"Oh hello Mr-"

"Save it kid. Come in" Ashton cut the boy off with a harsh, deep tone. Calum's eyes widened a bit at Ashton's command, but nonetheless entered the house and allowed the older man to lead him through it. Calum's hearts began to beat erratically when he entered the living room and saw Michael, Luke, and Lola all sitting on the couch. Michael slowly got up from the couch, a square shaped envelope in his hands. Calum gave Michael a looked that was a mixture of anger and confusion.

"Uh- what's going on?" He asked, keeping his eyes fixed on Michael. Ashton stayed behind Calum, his arms crossed over his chest as if waiting for Calum to say something that would give the man an excuse to beat his ass. But he stood still as Michael slowly walked towards Calum, biting his lower lips as he hesitantly handed the boy the envelope. Calum furrowed his eyebrows, grabbing the white envelope and staring at it.

"What is this?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Open it" Lola said from the couch. Calum scoffed, opening the untapped flap and sliding the photograph paper out. His face fell, his heart dropping to his stomach as he stared at the three images.

"Please tell me these are not what I think they are. Please tell me this is a joke" Calum said, squeezing his eyes shut tightly.

"I'm pregnant" Michael replied, nervously fiddling with the hem of his shirt. Calum released a deep breath that he had been holding since he opened the envelope. He looked back down at the ultrasound picture, his heart beating erratically as everyone stared at him.

"I'm not telling Ember" Calum said, his eyes widening dramatically. Michael giggled, as if giving permission everyone else chuckled quietly. 

"You're not upset?" Michael asked. Calum sighed, running a hand over his face.

"I- I don't- know if I can do this" Calum said, shaking his head slowly. Luke stood up from the couch, walking to stand beside his son. The blonde wrapped an arm around his sons shoulders, slowly taking the photographs from Calum.

"If you decide that you do not want to be apart of this baby's life, then you do not have to be" Luke carefully ripped one of the pictures off "We are not forcing you to be there for him or her, but we will accept you if you do decide this is something you want. Think about it" Luke said, handing Calum the ripped off photo. Michael leaned into Luke's side as if to agree to what he said. Calum nodded, taking the photo with shaking fingers, staring down at it with hesitation in his eyes. Calum looked down at Michael, his body not allowing him to move.