☆7 December

Chapter Seven

"But all this driving
Is driving me crazy
And all this moving
Is proving to get the best of me
And I've been trying to hide it
But lately
Every time I think I'm better
Pickin' my head up, getting nowhere"
Troye sang softly, running his fingers through Michaels hair gently. Michael sniffled, burying his face in the material of Troyes jeans, his small body clad in panda footsie pajamas.

"Why would you ever even agree to continue seeing him, Mimi?" Troye asked cautiously. Michael
shrugged, wiping at his tear stained cheeks.

"I thought he was sweet and nice, but I was wrong! I was so wrong and now I'm crying on my twin brothers legs because I can't handle anything emotional correctly. I'm a mess. I'm a big emotionally wrecked mess" Michael rambled, pushing himself into a sitting position so he could bring his knees to his chest and bury his face in them.

"Mimi, stop crying. If he doesn't see how amazing you are then it's his loss. I can't stand seeing you so upset like this" Troye said, shifting on the couch as he could wrap his arms around his brother.

As Michael went to respond his stomach began to bubble, his throat tightening.

"Shit" Michael mumbled before he was sprinting out of the living room and into the kitchen. Ashton was sitting at the table with Evangeline when Michael rushed in, bending over the trash can and emptying the contents of his stomach. Ashton's eyes widened, quickly standing up from the table and walking over to Michael, gently rubbing the boys back. Troye came rushing into the kitchen, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion as Michael threw up. The pale boy sobbed lightly, his throat clenching as he coughed. He slowly stood straight, breathing heavily as tears fell from his eyes.

"Are you alright? What happened?" Ashton asked, careful helping the boy sit down by the table.

"I'm fine, thanks. W-where's mumma?" Michael asked shakily.

"Upstairs. Do you want me to get him?" Ashton asked. Michael shook his head, getting up from the table and walking out of the kitchen. His bottom lip quivered as he gently held his stomach.

"Mumma" Michael whimpered as he entered Luke and Ashton's room. The blonde was folding laundry on the floor when he looked up at his teary eyed son. Luke immediately stood up, walking to Michael and wrapping the small boy in his arms. Michael cried into Luke's chest, clutching at Luke's tee shirt desperately.

"You feel awfully warm honey, are you feeling okay?"
Luke asked, pressing his cheek to Michaels forehead to feel the warmth that lived there. Michael shook his head, sniffling and his chest sputtered.

"I threw up" Michael muttered.

"Alright, let's get you to bed. I'll make you some soup and a cup of tea after I give you some medicine for your upset tummy" Luke softly cooed, helping his son to his room. Michael nodded, pouting lightly at the thought of medicine. Luke laid the boy in his bed, tucking him in and kissing his forehead softly. Luke had a habit of treating his kids like 5 year olds when they were sick, he waited hand and foot for anything they needed, he loved them too much to let them suffer alone.

So Luke put the little mermaid on Michaels tv before leaving the room. He chuckled when he heard Michael quietly cheer. The blonde made his way downstairs, the only thing on his mind being taking care of his baby boy.

Evangeline was sitting in the kitchen with a frustrated look on her face as she stared at her book. Luke walked into the kitchen opening a few cabinets until he could flu medicine. Evangeline groaned, picking up her book and throwing it across the room. Luke furrowed his eyebrows, looking over at the angry four year old who was clutching her head. Luke slowly bent down and picked up the book 'Cinderella'.

"Eva. You okay?" Luke asked, pulling out a chair and sitting beside the girl. The small four year old looked up at Luke with teary eyes as she shook her head.

"I can't read" She said, her bottom lip quivering. Luke nodded, setting her book down on the table and opening it.

"Can you tell me the letters that are in this word?"
Luke asked, pointing at the word 'before'. Evangeline furrowed hey eyebrows in concentration.

"Um- D. E. F. A. R. E" Evangeline spelled. Luke furrowed his eyebrows, looking at Evangeline in confusion. The blonde nodded, grabbing a piece of paper from the counter and a pen.

"Can you write out the alphabet for me?" Luke asked. Evangeline nodded slowly, gripping the pencil with all of her fingers wrapping around the wood. She focused all of her attention on writing out the letters, muttering them under her breath.

"Very nice Eva" Luke praised, all of the letters were there and in order.

'Lollipop'

Luke wrote on the paper.

"Tell me those letters" Luke said.

"L. A. L. L. I. P. A. P" Evangeline said. Luke sighed, rubbing the small girls back gently as he took the paper and her book.

"Go on and go play sweetheart" Luke said. Evangeline nodded, jumping down from the table and running out of the kitchen. Luke stood up, leaving the paper and book on the table as he walked outside and into the garage where Ashton was working on his car. Luke cleared his throat, leaning against the work table.

"Have you ever sat and read with Eva?" Luke asked, crossing his arms over his chest. Ashton thought for a minute, turning down the radio as he took a drink of his water.

"I've tried before but whenever I try to read to her she gets bored and wants to play" Ashton explained, putting down the wrench in his hand. Luke nodded.

"I got her to read out the letters in the word 'before' and she replaced the B with a D and the O with an A. Then she did the same thing with the word Lollipop, replacing the O's with A's" Luke explained.

"Where are you going with this babe?" Ashton asked, knowing fully well where the blond was going with this.

"I think we should have her tested. I know it's not my decision and it's not my place to say what you should do with your daughter but if she is having trouble reading and writing then it should he addressed soon" Luke said. Ashton furrowed his eyebrows at the caution in Luke's suggestion. The hazel eyed man walked up to Luke, placing his hands on the blondes hips.

"Baby, you do have a say in what happens to the girls. You're a parent to them as much I am now and I wouldn't want it any other way. If you think Evangeline should be test then we'll do that, together okay?" Ashton said, pulling Luke towards him by the younger mans hips. The blond smiled, wrapping his arms around Ashton's neck

"I love you so much" Luke mumbled, pressing his lips to Ashton's. The older male took everything he could get, pushing Luke against the work table as he worked his lips against his fiancée's. Luke jumped on top of the table, wrapping his legs around Ashton's waist to pull him closer. Ashton gripped Luke's hips tightly, gently running his teeth over the blondes bottom lip. Luke moaned quietly, pushing his hips against Ashton's.

"Mumma!" A weak voice yelled. Luke gasped, pushing Ashton and away and jumping off of the table.

"I'm coming my sick little angel!" Luke screamed, rushing inside as Ashton laughed.