☆ 20 April

Michael tightly held Calum's hand as they walked into the doctors office, Luke, Ashton, and Lola closely following. As the three others sat down, Calum walked with Michael to the front desk

"Hi. Can I help you?" The small women at the desk
smiled politely.

"I have an appointment with Doctor Higgins for two o'clock" Michael said.

"Alright. Just fill this out and she'll be right out and call you to come back" The women said. Michael nodded, taking the clipboard that the women was holding out. Calum led Michael to the waiting room chairs, sitting beside the boy and letting go of his hand so he could fill out the papers. When Michael was finished he gave the papers back, then sat back down beside Calum to wait for Doctor Higgins. Michael leaned against Calum, resting his head against the boys shoulder as the waited.

"Michael Hemmings?" Doctor Higgins came walking out of the back hall. Calum stood up first, holding his hand out for Michael. The small pale boy looked up at Calum, smiling softly as he placed his hand in the tan boys, allowing himself to be helped up. Calum slid his fingers between Michaels as they walked behind Doctor Higgins, the other three following. Kelsey led the five into the same room as last time, instructing Michael to sit on the large chair.

Calum lifted Michael up by his hips, setting him down on the chair and planting a kiss to his cheek. Michael blushed, playfully rolling his eyes.

"I'm guessing this is the father?" Kelsey asked as she wrapped a black band around Michaels arm to take his blood pressure.

"Yes. This is Calum. Calum this is Kelsey" Michael introduced.

"It's very nice to meet you" Kelsey smiled, holding her hand out to Calum. The tan boy smiled back, shaking the older women's hand.

"You too" The boy said.

"Alright Michael, lets have you lay down and lift your shirt" Kelsey said. Michael obliged, lifting his shirt past his belly as Kelsey walked up to the chair. She poured the gel on Michaels stomach, clicking and flipping buttons as she rubbed the gel around with the wand. Calum stared at the screen as the black and white image showed up on the monitor.

"Well that wasn't there last time" Kelsey muttered. Michael propped up on his elbows, his eyes widening in fear.

"What? Is there something wrong?" He hurriedly asked. Kelsey stared at the screen for another minute before looking up at Michael with a small smile.

"Well Michael, have a listen" Kelsey said, flipping a switch so a soft beating filled the room. Calum froze, his heart skipping a beat. But something was different this time.

"Can you hear that?" Kelsey asked.

"It's two heartbeats" Luke announced. Michaels eyes widened, his head snapping over to Calum, who's eyes were just about popping out of his head.

"Two heartbeats as in two babies?" Calum asked, dumbfounded as he stood up from the chair he was in.

"Two little babies" Kelsey confirmed with a smile. Calum breathed out a sigh, taking Michaels hand in his own as he stared at the monitor.

"I'm gonna need a better paying job" Calum muttered. Everyone else laughed lightly. Michael squeezed Calum's hand, leaning back against the chair.

"Look at this. Right here is little baby A and this here is little baby B" Kelsey said, pointing at the two little
barely visible babies on the screen. Michael stared, tears filling his eyes as he squeezed Calum's hand. Calum leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to Michaels forehead.

"Alright you're about four months along now and I'll be happy to tell you the gender" Kelsey said. Michael smiled widely, nodding his head.

"Please" He smiled.

"Well Michael and Calum, I'm very happy to announce that you're having two little baby boys"
Kelsey announced. Tears rolled down everyone's cheeks, their hearts skipping beats. Calum leaned forward, resting his forehead against Michaels temple, kissing the boys cheek.

"Okay. I'm gonna go cry in the waiting room. Oh god, two little grand babies" Luke exclaimed, wiping at his eyes as he got up and left the room with Ashton and Lola following.

"I'll give you two a minute while I print out some pictures" Kelsey said. She handed Michael some paper towels before leaving the room and shutting the door. Calum sighed, taking the paper towels from Michael and gently wiping down the boys stomach. Michael reached up, wiping away Calum's tears with his thumb. Calum stood in front of the chair, pulling Michaels body down a bit more so he could stand between his legs. He leaned down, pressing his lips against the boys stomach, kissing the skin softly. Michael smiled, running his fingers through Calum's fluffy hair.

"So I've been thinking about what we're gonna do when the baby- babies are born" Calum said as he pulled Michaels shirt down. The pale boy sat up as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" He asked, setting his hands on Calum's hips. Calum planted his hand on Michaels thighs, gently rubbing the skin that was exposed by his short shorts.

"Well when they're born I want to be able to help at night when they cry or any time of the day when
they need me, and I can't do that if we're living in two different places" Calum said suggestively.

"What're you getting at Mr Hood?" Michael asked with a shy smile.

"I want you to move in with me, Michael" Calum blurted out. Michaels eyes widened as he stared at Calum.

"Well I do agree that we should live together but I am not raising two baby boys in a tiny one bedroom apartment" Michael teasingly smiled. Calum chuckled, leaning his forehead against Michaels shoulder.

"How about you move into the house. We can turn the guest bedroom into a nursery and you can stay in my room with me. That way neither of us have to pay rent and we can focus on our two little babies"
Michael said. Calum nodded against Michaels shoulder, kissing it gently before leaning back.

"I'd like that. I'll put in my notice for the apartment later this week" Calum said. Michael nodded, silently resting his head against Calum's chest. The older boy wrapped his arms around Michael, holding the boy closely as he kissed his head.

"We can do this. Together" Calum whispered.

"Together" Michael repeated.