☆ 28 July

The world was spinning.

Everything seemed to be moving so much slower than it actually was as Calum ran into the hospital, his black converse stomping against the tiled floors. He pushed his legs as hard as he could, but it all just seemed as thought it still wasn't fast enough. He panted as he ran up to the desk as practically threw his upper body on top of it.

"Michael Hemmings. I- I'm here for Michael Hemmings. H-he's my boyfriend" Calum hurriedly said.

"Okay sir, just cal-"

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down, just find my damn boyfriend. He's pregnant and th-they said h-h-he was in pain. I need to be with him" Calum screamed at the nurse.

"Calum!" A voice called. The tan boy whipped his head around and spotted Janise, Bailey curled up in her arms. Calum ran up to the women, his chest kept tightening and he was finding it difficult to keep breathing.

"Where is he? What's going on?" Calum yelled.

"He's in there" Janise hurriedly said, pointing to a room labeled 1A. Calum rushed into the room, his heart dropping at the sight. Michael was screaming and wailing in pain as nurses and doctors tried to hold him down. The small pale boy had tears running down his flushed cheeks, his clothes exchanged for a hospital gown. Calum ran up to the bed, pushing a few nurses out of the way until he was beside Michael.

"Sir you can't be in here" A doctor yelled.

"Shh, it's okay baby, I'm here" Calum cooed as he got a hold of Michaels arms, pulling the boy to his chest. He completely ignored the doctors yelling at him as he held Michael.

"Cal, it- it hurts" Michael cried, desperately clutching
onto Calum's tee shirt.

"I know baby, you're gonna be okay. Just, hold onto me, okay? I got you" Calum comforted. Michael nodded, the pain letting up a bit as he relaxed on the hospital bed. Calum ran his fingers through Michaels damp hair, kissing the boys forehead.

"What's happening to him?" Calum asked the many nurses and doctors in the room. Before anyone could answer, Michael was screaming in pain again.

"Alright, he's in labor. Benson, prep OR 2 and page Doctor Grey" One of the doctors said.

"What? He can't be in labor, he's only seven months along" Calum hurriedly said.

"Sir, if we don't take the babies out now none of them will survive" The doctors words rung in Calum's ears hauntingly as they wheeled Michaels bed. The tan boy fell to his knees, his hands shaking uncontrollably as the world began to spin around him. He couldn't find it in himself to get up, he couldn't breathe correctly, everything was just too much. After everything, losing his job, not being able to provide everything his babies needed, he might lose his boyfriend and his babies? How is that fair?

"Calum?" He could faintly hear the voice. It was distant and faded as if someone was calling him from across a field. Calum squeezed his eyes shut, his chest heaving in painful breaths as silent tears cascaded down his cheeks.

"Calum. Where's Michael?" The voice spoke again but Calum couldn't move, he was paralyzed on the ground. He tried to open his eyes but his body wouldn't let him, he didn't want to. God, he was so tired.

"Calum! God dammit, where's my son?" The voice yelled. Calum could feel hands on his shoulders, shaking him, but he wouldn't- couldn't open his eyes.

"Sir your son is having an emergency C-section. He's in the operating room if you would like to go sit in the waiting room" Calum heard another voice speak. They were all talking so low but it seemed to ring in Calum's ears.

"Sir, If we don't take the babies out now none of them will survive"

Calum was breaking.

He slowly peeled his eyes open, his heart pounding in his ears. Luke and Ashton were standing in front of him, they were talking to him but he could barely hear them.

"Calum come on, get up" Ashton said as he placed his hands under Calum's arms and pulled the boy up from the ground. Calum stumbled, desperately clutching onto Ashton's tee shirt as the older man led them into the waiting room. Ashton set the boy in a chair beside Lola, Calum could barely hear a thing.

"Sir, if we don't take the babies out now none of them will survive"

Calum thinks he's going numb.

"Calum? Calum can you hear me?" Calum slowly, reluctantly looked up, his eyes meeting soft ocean blue orbs. He painfully nodded his head, it was a slow motion that brought even more agony to his head.

"It's going to be okay. I need you to stay strong right now because when Mikey comes out he's gonna need you. Can you do that for me? Be the strong one?" Luke asked calmly as he stared intently into Calum's eyes. The tan boy nodded, sniffling as he wiped at his tears. Luke said something else but Calum was too distracted on the thought of Michael. He wanted so badly to believe that he was going to be okay but in reality he could lose Michael. He could lose Michael and the two babies he was so excited for. He wouldn't be able to move on from this, a boyfriend who he's so madly in love with and two babies, two babies, his babies.

"Sir, if we don't take the babies out now none of them will survive"