☆27 July

Michael sniffled as he spread a thin layer of peanut butter on a piece of bread. He had been stressing out because Calum was still unemployed and Luke hasn't been able to get a hold of anyone who was willing to give Calum a job. Michael was overwhelmed by how much he needed to do and how little he can afford. He refused to let Luke and Ashton help him, still being the stubborn seventeen year old he is. He thought he could do everything in such a short amount of time and it would all be okay, but he was drowning in heightened pregnancy emotions, online schooling, struggling to buy baby things, and the stress of his boyfriend being unemployed. The only things he has for his babies are a few packs of diapers, bottles, binkies, and a few outfits. And that's certainly not all they needed, it's the essentials but they needed cribs and bedding and other things that Michaels doesn't have.

Luke told Calum not to break but what about Michael? He was overwhelmed and disappointed that he waited so long to a handle on his pregnancy.

"Mikey? Are you crying?" Bailey sauntered into the room, a curious yet concerned look on her small face.

"Um- yeah. I'm okay though" Michael croaked out as he angrily wiped at his tears, taking deep breaths to calm himself.

"What's wrong Mikey?" Bailey asked as she climbed onto one of the bar stools at the island counter. Michael sighed, handing Bailey her peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Well, you know how Mikey's having a baby?" Michael asked.

"Yeah" Bailey spoke through a mouthful of bread. Michael chuckled, pouring a few Doritos onto her paper plate.

"Well, it turns out that Mikey is actually having twins. Which means two babies and they need a lot of things. Babies need a lot of care and love but
they also need a bed and diapers, and Mikey doesn't really have a lot of money to pay for it all so he's a little bit sad" Michael explained, finally getting his built up feeling off of his chest even if it was to a four year old girl.

"Bailey, go finish your lunch in the living room please. You can watch tv if you want" Michael jumped a bit at the sudden voice. Janise set her things down on the counter as Bailey nodded and took her sandwich and chips into the living room.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be talking to your four year old daughter about my issues I-"

"Michael, stop. I understand, what you're going through is stressful" Janise cut the boy off. Michael sighed, leaning against the counter as he rubbed over his belly.

"Look, I have two perfectly good cribs down in the basement, they're in perfect condition and all you would need is bedding, which I happen to be the sister in law to a women who works in a baby store. Let me help you Michael. I know having a child comes with the feeling that you need to be able to do everything on your own but that will come in time. Right now, you need help and I'm offering" Janise explained. Michael deflated, tears freely flowing from his tired eyes as he nodded.

"Thank you so much" He hiccuped lightly. Janise smiled, opening her arms for the shorter boy. Michael walked over to the women, wrapping his arms around her torso.

"Wait. Why is there two cribs?" Michael asked curiously. Janise sighed, rubbing Michaels back soothingly.

"We used to be foster parents, we had to take in a one year old around the time we found out about Bailey so we just bought two cribs. The baby went to a really nice family so we just kept the crib in case we had anymore children. Now I'm giving it to you because you need it for your two boys"
Janise explained. Michael nodded, smiling to himself.

Michael let go of janise when he felt a small pain in his stomach. He furrowed his eyebrows, placing his hands on his stomach as he started to stumble.

"Michael?" Janise asked, concern evident in her voice. Seconds later a sharp pain coursed through Michaels stomach, causing him to yelp and scream.

"It hurts" Michael cried, hunching over as he cradled his stomach. Janise wrapped her arms around Michael, keeping him steady.

"Shh, you're okay sweetheart. Let's get you to the car, come on" Janise stayed calm as she practically carried Michael out of the kitchen.

"Ahh, no it hurts. Janise, it shouldn't hurt like this. What's happening?"Michael sobbed, tears falling from his eyes as a another sharp pain coursed through his stomach. He screamed again, his knees buckling as Bailey rushed into the room.

"Bailey, honey, get mummy's purse and help me get Mikey into the car" Janise instructed calmly. Michael cried, clutching his stomach as the pain let up a bit. Bailey rushed out of the room as janise led Michael outside.

"Something feels wrong. It shouldn't hurt-" Michael cut himself off with a pained scream. Janise hurriedly placed Michael in the car, buckling him in as Bailey rushed out of the house with Janise's purse.

"Michael, honey listen, you're in labor an-"

"No! It's too early. I still have two months" Michael cut the women off, another sharp pain coursing through his stomach. Janise cursed under her breath as she placed Bailey in the car and rushed to the drivers seat.

"Just hang on tight Mikey. It'll all be okay" Janise comforted as she sped through the streets, ignoring stop signs and speed limits. Michael screamed in the passenger seat, clutching his stomach and clawing at Janise's seats.

"Mummy, what's happening?" Bailey asked from the backseat, tears falling from her own eyes.

"It's alright baby. We're gonna get Mikey some help"
Janise said as she pulled into the parking lot of the hospital. She put her car into park when she was directly in front of the doors. She jumped out of the car, running around to Michaels side.

"Help!" Janise screamed as she opened Michaels door and helped the boy out of the car. Bailey got out herself, watching as a few nurses came running out of the hospital, one wheeling a wheel chair. They placed Michael in it, trying to soothe the screaming boy.

"Janise" Michael called to the women. She ran to his side, grasping a hold of his hand.

"I n-n-need you to call C-Calum" He stuttered, tossing her his phone before he was being wheeled away. All he could think about was the awful pain in his stomach and his two little baby boys.