Chapter 4

"Mettaton?" Papyrus questioned in awe, seeing the tall, robotic man stand glamorously before him.
"Haha, hello darling." He replied, placing a hand on his hip. "I see you were kicked out by Janet. How completely unprofessional, cliche even, to have an 'appointment' set up to speak with me." The robot scoffed, flipping his wrist. Papyrus laughed awkwardly.
"H-how'd you know all that?" He asked.
"Well of course I watch all my employee's and visitors." Mettaton replied, as if Papyrus didn't know. He stared at him, confusion suddenly rushing to his metallic face. "What's wrong?"
"It's nothing. I'm just a bit confused is all." Papyrus said, standing up and brushing off dirt from his bones. He pulled up Sans and Frisk, both very confused with his emotions. They both glanced at each other, Frisk cocked their head and Sans merely shrugged.
"Pap, Frisk and I are gonna head out front. We'll meet you there." Sans said as he took the child's hand and they walked out front.
"Well, Mettaton, I guess I should go too. It was a pleasure speaking to you, and I apologize if I interfered with your show in any way, just forget about anything I asked for-" Papyrus said glumly, yet he was caught off guard by the unexpected grasp of Mettaton's hand.
"What's wrong darling? Sit down, sit down." Mettaton said comfortingly, throwing his long arm around Papyrus' large upper body, bringing him down onto the side of the curb again. The skeleton sighed and began to speak.
"Well, it's just Sans and I were talking once we were kicked out of the building. He made me think, that I, just a plain skeleton, had no chance with you. I like you Mettaton, I like you a lot. It's just that how could I ever have a chance with you, your life is on the big screen. You've seen so many beautiful faces and wonderful personalities." He said, tears forming. Meanwhile, Sans and Frisk were secretly peeking from behind the corner of the building. Mettaton sighed and smiled.
"Oh darling, I'm flattered. And yes, you are correct when saying that I've seen many wonderful faces and personalities, yet honestly Papyrus..." Mettaton began to say, slowly getting closer and closer to the skeleton's face.
"Nyeh..!" Papyrus said awkwardly, not knowing how to react, only blushing.
"I've never met anyone quite like you." Papyrus' face flushed bright orange, choking on his words. Mettaton only laughed.
"Kid, what's going on over there? He looks awfully close to Pap's face..." Sans whispered to Frisk, who was still looking at the scene from behind the corner. The child only shrugged, not knowing what was happening.
"Oh Papyrus, I don't know what makes you think you don't have a chance with me. I mean, your strong, brave, part of the royal guard, what's not to like?" Mettaton said, continuing to inch closer to his face, extending a finger and touching his chin. Papyrus let out a soft "NYEH!" as Mettaton puckered his lips, then also inching closer to the robot. Such a short distance was between their faces when suddenly...
"PAPYRUS! HURRY! GRILLBY'S IS HOLDING UP A SPAGHETTI COOKING CONTEST!" Sans shouted loudly from the side of the building. The skeleton gasped and stood up quickly, nearly knocking over the robot.
"Sorry Mettaton, but I have to go win that contest! I have the best spaghetti recipe in town!" Papyrus said, standing heroically in front of his robotic crush, scarf flowing in the sudden gust of wind. Mettaton laughed and stood up.
"Well I wish you the best of luck darling, and here, don't forget your tickets." Mettaton said as he handed him his tickets. Papyrus gasped and looked at Mettaton in awe.
"Oh thank you Mettaton, thank you! See you later!" The skeleton said as he ran over and hugged him, taking the man off guard and then ran off to his brother. Mettaton waved as the skeleton disappeared from his sight. He laughed to himself, never being hugged as he was just now.
"He makes me feel so special. Heh, who would've guessed, out of all people, a skeleton." The robot chuckled as he walked back inside, butterflies flying all around inside his metallic body. "A skeleton."

And that's the end of the chapter! I know it wasn't as long as the others, and I apologize, but I hope you enjoyed the chapter and the next one is on its way!