Chapter 7

The night after the show, Sans sat in his room with all the lights turned off as Papyrus and Frisk were asleep. Sitting on his mattress, the skeleton had his head in his hands and his legs crossed beneath him. The blankets were scattered across the bed and the floor, socks lying everywhere. It was dead silent in the room, the moonlight creeping in through his window. He had no words to mumble to himself, only sighs as he changed positions. He then looked up and turned to look outside, nobody roaming the streets and street lamps flickering a pale yellow. Sans rose from his bed and pulled on clothes over his undergarments, slipped on his slippers, and quietly pulled open his door. The faint sound of the boards creaking beneath his footsteps caused him to tip toe even slower, not wanting to disturb anyone in the house. Going down the steps, his breaths got heavier yet his footsteps were quicker. Once he made it to the door, he pushed it open gently and slipped out. He sighed as he made it out. Locking the door, he head out for the streets.
The light scuff that Sans' slippers made were the only noise that filled the air. Then suddenly, he spoke.
"I-I just don't feel entirely safe about this...I don't know why..." He said to himself.
"I-I just don't feel entirely safe about this...I don't know why..." An echo filled the air, causing him to turn around in fear and surprise. He released a sigh of relief as the sight of an echo flower came to view. Sans smiled to himself. "Well I haven't seen one of you guys in years." He said to the flower. It echoed back. "Well I haven't seen one of you guys in years." Sans' smile grew wider as his mind flooded with memories of him and Papyrus toying around with them. His favorite memory, the one of them talking about wishes.
It was cold that night, both of the brothers walking through Waterfall considering they had stopped searching for humans that night. Papyrus asked Sans if he could share a wish he had with him, but he didn't want his brother to laugh. He eventually did, yet Sans laughed anyways. Papyrus questioned why he defied him, but Sans said because he had the same one.
As the memory flowed through his head, he looked up into the sky to see the stars and moon. Laughing to himself he mumbled, "Well Pap, you got your wish." The flower echoed him again, and he didn't mind at all. He then stood up and headed down the street, making his way to a spot he'd always go when he couldn't sleep.
It was an open field, nothing but grass flowing in the wind stood there. In the distance, a river flowed. Sans smiled as he calmed down and headed out towards the middle of the field. He then laid down onto his back and threw his arms behind his head. His small legs extended out in front of him and crossed over one another. Sans sighed of happiness as he shut his eyes gently and relaxation took over.

When he awoke, sunlight was covering the field. "Oh shit!" Sans shot up and began to run to his house. "Papyrus is probably worried sick!" He ran through the field and past the flower, smiling slightly at the memories again, and eventually made it to his house. Throwing open the door, he saw that nobody was awake yet. He sighed in relief and kicked off his slippers, then throwing himself onto the couch. In no time at all, he was asleep once more.

"Sans! Sans wake up!" A loud voice filled the room as Sans awakened again. Papyrus stood over him with hands on his hips. "Why are you asleep on the couch?" He questioned.
"Well bro," Sans began. "it doesn't really mattress why, right? It just felt right to me." He gave Papyrus a derpy smile and winked. Papyrus on the other hand, drew in a deep breath and turned away from his brother.
"Sans," he called.
"Yeah bro?" Sans replied eagerly.
"that pun was sofa-king stupid." He turned back around with a victorious smile on his face. Sans gasped and pretended to cry.
"Pap, that pun was beautiful."
"Yeah I know."

Chapter 7 is complete! Hope you enjoyed! I loved it, it made me happy *smiles* and the puns, I really tried XD