Chapter 11

Papyrus walked up to the restaurant, confidently strutting until he reached the door. I took a deep breath, adjusted his tie, and pushed the door open. As it did, the scent of roses and clean dishes filled the air, causing Papyrus to take a big whiff of the satisfying and relaxing scent. His nerves died down a bit as the one waiter smiled and waved, asking him "Are you Papyrus?" Confused, Papyrus nodded slowly and was motioned to follow the waiter. As they walked past several tables of adults eating off of large plates stacked with steak, fish, potatoes, and other foods, he laughed nervously to himself. The tall, young, brown haired boy guided Papyrus into a room off of the main dining hall where roughly 5 private tables sat. The only one in there was Mettaton, sitting at the table in the center of the room, looking at a menu. The waiter smiled to Papyrus silently and winked as if to say "Good luck!" Slowly and anxiously, Papyrus made his way over to the table, the sound of his dress shoes hitting the floor caught Mettaton's attention. As the robot's eyes lifted, they grew in admiration. Starting from the polished shoes, making their way up to the nervous smirk of the skeleton before them, Mettaton gasped.
"Papyrus! You look..you look amazing!" Mettaton exclaimed, not able to remove his gaze. The robot rose from his seat to reveal the elegant outfit he had on. Papyrus' jaw dropped as he admired Mettaton's suit. It was a stunning shade of pink that sparkled wherever the light hit it. His hair was bouncy and his eyes were glimmering. Papyrus couldn't look away. The robot's hips swayed with each step, causing the tail of his suit to fly every time.
"M-Mettaton...you look...stunning..!" Papyrus said, awe causing him to pause with nearly each word. The robot chuckled and pulled Papyrus into a hug. Papyrus' nervousness eased as the arms of his love wrapped around him. He hugged back and smiled, knowing tonight will be fine. The two of them sat down and the waiter from earlier came and took their drinks. Of course, Mettaton ordered this really expensive wine whereas Papyrus had a simple glass of water. Once they gave the waiter, who's name was Anthony, their main orders, they began to catch up on one another's lives. "So Mettaton, what was it like recording the movie?" The robot took another sip of wine and nodded.
"It was actually really awesome! All the directors and stars were really friendly and funny, they made it really fun and I wasn't stressed at all." Papyrus nodded. "How's life at home?"
"Nothing new, it's been all the same except now Sans and I have to sit through Frisk's odd children's shows. Definitely nothing compared to your show, Mettaton!" Papyrus said calmly. Nothing really did happen at home, it was simply wake up, watch Frisk's shows, eat spaghetti, watch more tv, and go to sleep again. Silence drifted between them as if a window closing slowly. Their glasses were empty and they'd only speak when something funny happened, yet it wasn't funny at all. Papyrus began to tap on the table impatiently and Mettaton looked everywhere but towards his date.

"it's crashing and burning in there kiddo. whadda we do?" Sans muttered as he lifted the binoculars away from his eye sockets. Him and Frisk were hiding in the bushes near a window on the opposite side of the private area. Frisk tapped their chin. Suddenly, they lifted their finger and nodded, then pulled Sans close and whispered into his ear (or where they would be). "brilliant idea kid! but how do we get it to happen?" Sans asked. Frisk crawled away from the window and stood up, then peeking through the window again, they pointed to a television near Papyrus' and Mettaton's table. Sans nodded in approval, "i'll call Alphys, she'll know what to do."
About 30 minutes had passed when Alphys had arrived. She had gotten lost on her way to the restaurant, luckily, Mettaton and Papyrus had just finished their steak dinners. "H-hey guys." She said, half waddling half crouching her way over towards the two spies who sat waiting.
"hey Alphys, finally you're here." Sans said, relief swiping over him.
"So what am I doing again?" She asked.
"we want you to dim the lights in that room. if that fails, we'll go to plan B." Sans ordered, determination in his voice.
Alphys nodded and opened up the briefcase she had brought with her. Inside were many tiny wires and flashing lights. She grabbed a yellow cord and looked around the area for an outlet, which Frisk then pointed out that was around the corner of the building. She thanked him and scurried around the bend, carrying the briefcase with her. Once she plugged up the cord, a green light flickered on the panel inside the case. Then, a light on a dial lit up and Alphys rotated it, which caused the room to dim. The three of them chanted a yes! silently and ran back to the window where the couple sat. Frisk was the first to turn the corner, yet their eyes showed panic as they turned to Alphys and Sans.
"what is it kiddo?" Sans asked, decreasing his running speed to a walk and turning his head to look inside. When he looked to the table, the chairs were empty and the candle was out.

So that is this chapter! As always, hope you enjoyed and leave feedback!