Chapter 12

"W-what do we do? Where'd they go?" Alphys questioned, looking all around for the two. Sans didn't reply and looked in every direction. "I know! Let's g-go inside and a-ask someone if t-they've seen the two!" She suggested. Sans nodded in approval and they both ran to the entrance of the restaurant.
"Sorry sir, but I only saw them walk out, I didn't pay attention to which direction they headed." A short, curvy woman told them. She had purple hair combed off to one side of her round head, and the other half of her head was shaved. She wore a vest with a bow tie, quite adorable on her. The three thanked her and ran back out, then sitting on a bench just outside.
"where would they have headed?" Sans asked, tapping his skull and thinking real hard. "Alphys! where does Mettaton enjoy relaxing or spending time to himself?" Sans turned to Alphys and looked at her with panicked eyes. She scratched her head and thought, then, her face fell. "w-what is it?" he said worriedly.
"I-it's his bedroom..." Alphys replied, looking to Sans. His face couldn't show horror any more than it did now.
"cmon. that's where we're headed." Sans ordered, grabbing Frisk's wrist and hurrying to Mettaton's house. When they arrived, the three of them looked at the house. It was black and pink, typical Mettaton. It was a large house, considering Mettaton most likely had it remodeled after earning so much cash from his show. Sans' bones rattled, nervous. No lights were on in the house, giving him 2 different possible scenarios. They could either be outside of the house and out in town or...

in the bone zone.

Sans shook his skull clear of that thought and ran to the door. Twisting the handle, it was locked. He looked around and his eyes looked to the rectangular mat beneath his slippers, of course, it was shaped like Mettaton. He lifted up the mat, yet no key was there. Frisk had checked the flowerbeds and pottery, no key.
"uhhh...hey alph, can ya help us out here?" Sans called to Alphys, her looking to him and nodding. She hurried over to the doorstep and took out a device in her lab coat pocket. "is that a phone?" Sans asked, pointing to the rounded chunk of metal in her hand. She laughed and nodded, pressing multiple buttons in a certain order until a thin piece of silver came out of the top of the device. She stuck it into the keyhole and twisted, a clicking sound coming from the door. Sans applauded softly as she pushed open the door. The three of the crept in. "ok, I'll go to the bedroom, Alphys, you check the kitchen and living room, and Frisk, keep lookout." Sans ordered, heading to the staircase, pitch black with no light to guide Sans' way. With each step, the floorboards creaked until he reached the top. Only the moonlight lit the hallway, Sans' small shadow led him to the bedroom at the end. He reached for the doorknob and twisted it slowly, not hearing any sound. He peeked into the room, yet nobody lay beneath the covers or on the floor. He silently cursed to himself, stepping in and checking every corner. No skeleton nor robot was in the room, so Sans headed back downstairs. "any luck Alph?" he asked her, she shook her head. "where else could they be?" he wondered. Frisk suggested the park, Sans rubbed Frisk's head, causing their hair to stand up in multiple directions and said "good idea kiddo." So that's where they headed next.

As the sound of gravel crunched beneath their shoes, Sans, Alphys, and Frisk looked around the park. Checking park benches, picnic tables, shelters, and the pond, neither of the two were in sight.
"Well now what?" Alphys asked, looking to Sans who sighed in defeat.
"i dunno Alph." He said, kicking up gravel with his slipper, then shaking his foot around until a tiny rock fell out. "cmon Frisk, let's just go to Grillby's." He told Frisk, grabbing their small hand and walking in the direction of the greasy diner. As they both waved goodbye to Alphys, Sans pulled out his old phone and dialed Papyrus' number. No answer. He sighed again and they walked to Grillby's in silence.

Chapter 12 is complete! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and sorry for the long wait! I'm on spring break right now so I'm gonna try and add another chapter this week :) see ya