Chapter 6

A buzzer sounded, notifying the humans and monsters walking around the studio that it was time for the show to air once more. On the camera, a red button flashed signaling they were live. Mettaton smiled and waved.
"Welcome back my beauties! Are you all ready for another 'Ask Mettaton'?" He asked, flashing a grin and placing his hands on his hips. The crowd cheered loudly. Papyrus and Frisk stood from the front row, watching in awe, while Sans sat there, annoyed. "So my darlings, I will be picking three fantastic phone numbers to give me and Papy dear some questions! Here's caller number one. Hello there! What do you want to ask Papy and Mettaton?" On the other line spoke a soft, feminine voice, rather quiet yet nervous.

"Hello Papyrus, hello Mettaton, I would just like to know what Papyrus likes to do in his spare time?" The girl spoke. Mettaton nodded cheerfully and turned towards the skeleton. 

"Papy dear, what is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?" Mettaton asked. Papyrus smiled and put his hand to his chest heroically.

"Well Mettaton and anonymous caller, I enjoy the fine cookery of spaghetti. So when I am not doing my royal duties, I am making my delicious spaghetti and I also enjoy to play with my action figures every once and awhile." He nodded as if to show how proud he was of his response and looked to the crowd to see a sea of intrigued eyes. 

"What a splendid answer darling! And thank you..." Mettaton began but then was delivered a card from a small rectangular robot on one wheel. "Cheryl W.! Now, time for question two! Who's on the line now?" Mettaton said as he tapped a button on his panel so that whomever is on the line will hear his voice and speak. 

This voice was more energetic and hyper, as if the caller had just taken a large shot of caffeine. "Hello Mettaton! I'm such a huge fan! Oh, and hello Papyrus! Nice to meet you!" The voice sounded more childlike, a skater kind of tone added to his voice. Papyrus and Mettaton both chuckled and waved to the camera as if to wave to the boy on the other line. "So I'd like to ask Mettaton a question." Mettaton sat up more straight and leaned in. "Mettaton, would you rather be the main star of a very lame movie or be an extra on a very successful movie set?" He asked the question proudly.

Mettaton chuckled, "Well young boy, if I had to choose, I'd pick being an extra. That would mean that more people would see me in the background and say 'oh look! Isn't that robot named Mettaton?' and then they would look me up on their smart phones and notice that..." out of nowhere, a drum rolled and a curtain fell behind them. "I am making a movie!" He said proudly as the crowd went wild. Girls screamed madly as boys whistled loudly. Mettaton giggled as he shook his head. "But now now children, nobody knows what the movie will be about, and it'll stay that way until next week!" The crowd went awwww, but clapped afterwards and fell quiet. "Thank you...Monster Kid for that amazing question! Now the last question until break! Who's on the line?" Mettaton asked and listened. 

"h-hi mettaton." The caller stuttered on her words. 

"Hello Alphys." Mettaton said nonchalantly as if he were expecting this, yet he was perfectly okay with it. 

Alphys laughed and continued. "A-anyways Mettaton, t-truth or dare?"

Mettaton paused and thought, a playful look on his face as the crowd gasped in excitement. "Hmm...how about dare?" He said, a devious grin on his face. 

Alphys laughed once more, this time more mischievous than the last. "Alright. I dare you to kiss Papyrus. On screen. Right now." The crowd erupted in squeals. Sans shot up and watched the two worriedly. Oh shit. 

Mettaton gasped and looked to Papyrus, who blushed madly. "B-but Alphys..."

"But n-nothing Mettaton! Do you want to l-let your fans down over a dumb k-kiss?" Alphys shouted into the phone.

Mettaton looked insulted. "No! This is show business! You always do what's best for your fans!" And with that extremely furious response, the robot grabbed the skull of his guest and pressed his lips firmly to his teeth. The crowd cheered happily, considering most of them all wanted the skeleton and the robot to be together. Papyrus was shocked as the robot let go, lifting his gloved hand and touching his teeth softly, a look of awe on his face. Mettaton quickly stoop up and waved to the camera, laughing uneasily as he queued the next commercial break. "I...I need a drink." Mettaton said to himself as he walked backstage,  hand on head.

In the crowd, Sans ran to Papyrus and began to check to see if he was okay. "Bro you ok?" He asked worriedly. Papyrus merely nodded and slumped, as if he were going to melt from joy. Frisk giggled and Sans smacked his hand to his face in disappointment. Groaning and walking out to get some food, he left his brother on the floor.

Meanwhile, the star of the show sat in his dressing room, staring at himself in the mirror. He had no idea how he felt about this, and didn't speak to himself about it otherwise. Did he like it? He didn't think he disapproved of it, yet how did his fans react? Did they enjoy it? Mettaton thought so. The robot took his two fingers and glided them across his lips. Never breaking eye contact with the man in the mirror he thought to himself. 

He thinks he did.

______

so that is chapter six! did you predict what would've happened? lol i hope you enjoyed, i don't know how close i am to finishing it but if you have any suggestions don't be afraid to say anything!