Chapter 1- When Pigs Fly

My Paid Boyfriend

Chapter 1- When Pigs Fly

"I want you to be my fake boyfriend for a weekend." I pledged, staring at him dead in the eye, certain that this is how things were going to be. I can't believe this is what things were coming down to. I, Sky McKay, am asking Jeremy Coleman to be my fake boyfriend for my own brother's wedding. I needed a brain check.

"You need me, to help you?" He confirmed, pointing his index finger back and forth between us and earning me a bit of an annoyed look. He raised a bushy brown eyebrow at me with a humorous smirk, "No."

*16 Hours Before*

"He's so dreamy!"

"And he’s romantic!"

"Jeremy is gorgeous and you’re gay if you think otherwise!"

These were the subtle compliments of my roommates and neighbors that gathered in my dorm room at the late night of the evening. I rolled my eyes swiveling in my desk chair cuddling with my teal throw pillow as I continued to listen.

"Those dimples!" Paige squealed rolling on the carpet floor with her pillow.

"The hair!" Carly added fanning herself dramatically.

"His body! Those abs!" Jade continued pretending to faint on the bed.

I laughed rolling my eyes and shaking my head at my friends, fan-girling over some campus boy. Oh, but not just any campus boy, no, no, no. He's just not any campus boy he's-

"Jeremy Coleman, date me for real and let’s get married!" Carly secretly whimpered dumping her hand in a pretzel bucket.

Yes, he is Jeremy Coleman. The narcissist, pretty boy, eye candy, huge ego, grade A pain in the ass that walked this campus thinking people survived off him. No. Not a chance. Now I agree Jeremy Coleman is a hunk! Even blind people would know it. He looked like a Franco brother, that's how fine he is.

Jeremy Coleman has a reputation. Not a bad boy one, not a goody two shoes one, but somewhere in the middle. He's known for a lot of.... Dates. You see here Jeremy sells himself for dates. Well, ugh, no not exactly. I make it sound like he’s selling himself to prostitution. You see when you're in college you don't really have a lot of time to think about relationships or boys. Unless you want to keep your scholarship or stay in college; there's not really time built into your hectic college life to go out and scout for possible boys. But then mom and dad start to get worried that you're going to live alone for the rest of your life because you still haven't met that special someone yet. The pressure is on for you to bring that lucky someone home to "meet the family." So you see that's where Jeremy comes in.

It's kind of like a one night stand, friends with benefits kind of deal. Jeremy becomes the perfect lovable boyfriend every parent wants for their daughter. Says what he needs to say, does what he needs to do to convince your parents that you're not going to live alone forever. Pretty much this: Jeremy buys you time until you can find yourself in a real relationship. But then one day you and Jeremy can't work things out any more so you break it off! Aw, so sad, too bad mom and dad doesn't know that once you get to college you're really not dating. It was all an act. But hey, what they don't know won't kill them. That's right; it's all one big scripted play of a fake relationship. But here's the catch! Jeremy doesn't do fake dates for free, there's a cost.