Chapter 8- The Morning of Wedding Bells

My Paid Boyfriend

Chapter 8- The Morning of Wedding Bells

9:37 AM

Sunday, March 16

That’s the time my phone read when I woke up with the curiosity of the hour. I rolled around in bed for a several minutes before opening my eyes and staring at the ceiling. I was dreading getting out of bed because I knew there was going to be a long day ahead of me. By Charlie’s orders I pretty much had to stalk my brother all day and make sure he got all his stuff done and didn’t slack off and leave things for the last minute. Which is typically not my brother, he panicked when “due dates” were near. After that I’d just go to the hotel in which she was getting ready at and then we’d leave to the church from there.

The back of my hand rested lazily on my forehead, which reminded me that I didn’t have a head ache or any nasty feeling of a hangover like usual when I did drink a lot. I guess Jeremy’s keen judgment was correct and helpful. I ran my hand through my tangled hair letting out a sigh, today would be crazy. Picking up my lazy body I went to my bathroom first to freshen up. Once I was showered I changed into something comfortable; black leggings that stopped mid-calf, a high low mint tank top, and my hair all put up into one of the messiest buns.

I walked out of my room humming the tune of Somebody I Use to Know by Goyt as I went down the hall knocking on my brother’s door. He was in his room, hanging upside down on his bed staring at the ceiling with his hands folded on his stomach. I can’t believe his room wasn’t made into something else once he moved out. Everything was just as he left it the last time we were both living at home; a dark wooden full bed in the corner of the room with a gray comforter and dark blue pillows. A small matching night stand on the left with a lamp and an alarm clock, a red bean bag in the corner adjacent from his bed, a wardrobe on the right wall where there once was a TV and game consuls and a closet on the left of the door and near that a door to his bathroom. The only difference with his room now and five years ago was all the personal little trinkets he gathered over his years. They all moved to his apartment once he packed up his room.

Danny turned his head to the door giving me a half smile, “What are you up to this morning?” I asked him leaning on the doorway.

“Planning on getting my hair trimmed with the rest of the guys.” He replied running his hand through his hair. His hair looked fine to me but I guess he could use some pampering.

“Are you getting it cut at Hot Head?” I asked, he nodded his head, “Can I come with you so I can get my nails done next door?”

“That place you used to go to called Nailed?” He chuckled as he shook his head, “They closed. But they opened one across the street called Polished Perfection or something. I think that’s the one Charlie goes to.” He told me scratching his nose.

I shrugged my shoulders; any nail place was fine with me, “Doesn’t matter to me. Will you be leaving soon?” I asked fixing the alarm clock on his night stand that was bothering me. The time was off by an hour.

“Oh shit, that’s the real time?” He exclaimed with a shock, “Yeah I’m leaving right now.” He mumbled standing on his feet and running to the bathroom.

I chuckled walking out to give him some space and to tell Jeremy I’d be gone. I walked to his room knocking on the door; I knocked again putting my ear to the door and slowly turning the knob. Peeking in on him I saw a lump under the sheets outlining Jeremy’s body. I tip toed into the room, looking over his back to see his eyes closed and mouth slightly parted as he breathed in and out; peacefully sleeping.