Chapter 4- Should've Stayed Single

My Paid Boyfriend

Chapter 4- Should've Stayed Single

"Oh look at this everyone is around for breakfast now." Macy gleamed putting down another heaping plate of food on the island.

I gave everyone a small grin walking up to get a plate. Danny on the other side of the counter smiled and greeted good morning to me while putting some home fried potatoes on his plate. Charlie was next to his side smiling at me as well drowning her French toast in maple syrup. Wow, looks like she's not worried about fitting into her dress.

"It is so nice to have the family around for breakfast and some new family members also." Macy giggled looking at Charlie and Jeremy. Passing Jeremy a plate he smirked looking at me as my cheeks heated up.

"No dirty pots or pans, no mess, nothing with a burnt smell; where's the food from?" I asked knowing damn well Macy or my dad hadn't cooked this food. Let's just say they're not the two brightest people in the kitchen together.

Macy smiled shyly thinking she probably could get it passed me, hopefully anyways, "Jasmine's Cuisine." She answered putting some spoons on the plates to get the food.

I giggled barely rolling my eyes. It was way too early in the morning for anything honestly. "So how did everyone sleep last night?" Danny asked, "Drinking before bed again sis?" He chuckled. I don't know why he made the reference but next to him Charlie indicated up to her eyes mouthing the word bloodshot.

"Oh, uh no." I said simply grabbing some French toast with a slight shake of my head. When did I ever drink before bed?

"You missed it last night. We were watching home movies Dan; should have been there." Jeremy confronted.

"Jeremy." I scolded, hissing his name. He shrugged his shoulders like it was no big deal grabbing some bacon off the plate. If we weren't in front of family right now I'd slap him hard!

"Aw shit Sky, I completely forgot about it." Danny cursed beating himself up for it, "Dammit I've been so busy I forgot our one most important tradition." He put his plate down coming around the island to hug me, "I didn't mean to ditch you. It was unintentional and foolish of me I'm sorry."

I hugged him back with one arm holding my breakfast plate with the other, "its ok bro. I forgive you."

"I'm going to make it up to you. We can watch them all again tonight if you want. I'll even bring your favorite; Sour Patch Kids." He declared releasing me of the hug.

I chuckled lightly, "It's alright Danny you've been very busy. Besides I don't think I'm up for another round of home movies again tonight." I told him with a sad soft smile. He nodded his head understanding giving my shoulders a little squeeze, "But you can still bring me the Sour Patch Kids." I pointed out sweetly.

He laughed pointing his fork at me from the other side of the island again, "Done deal."

I smiled grabbing some more food to put on my plate. I looked over to Jeremy as he put the spoon down for the home fries, "Thanks." I smiled looking up at his semi sleepy face. I guess that wasn't as bad as I thought it'd end up being. But still he shouldn't have brought that up to Danny, I didn't want him to feel guilty or sad.

He nodded his head at me with a small grin. I turned around and walked over to the dining table where everyone was already seated. My dad was seated at the head of the table with his newspaper and coffee in hand and a coffee roll on a white plate in front of him with a side of bacon.

"Good morning dad." I greeted taking a seat near Charlie. Damn and she's eating bacon? What's her secret into fitting in get dress?!

"Good morning honey. How'd you sleep?" He asked looking over his paper briefly before looking back down.