Chapter 2- New York Bound

My Paid Boyfriend

Chapter 2- New York Bound

“That’s all you’re packing?” Paige asked lying on her bed. I looked up at her from the floor where I was folding clothes into a small suitcase. The clock on my phone read quarter to eight.

“It’s not even eight o’clock yet Paige, you can go back to sleep.” I told her folding some shirts. I only packed light going home because most of my clothes were there, well a good chunk of them anyways. Plus I was only leaving for the weekend.

“I can’t believe you actually asked Jeremy to go with you.” Paige mentioned with a smile on her face.

“Yeah me neither.” I mumbled packing my last pair of shorts and pants.

“Why are you taking a plane?” Paige asked, “Don’t you live like three hours away or something?”

“I hate long car rides. I cannot stand them.” I stated sternly, “And it’s three hours and forty-three minutes for your information.” I corrected closing the suitcase and zipping it up.

“Oh right.” She said dully, “You forgot to pack your bathroom stuff again.” Paige reminded with a sigh.

“Crap your right.” I moaned getting up and going to the bathroom. I heard a loud thump coming from the room as I was packing away my tooth brush and other necessities, “Paige, are you ok?” I asked looking in the room.

“I’m so lazy and tired.” She moaned. I laughed as I saw her on the floor now, “I brought the meaning ‘just rolled out of bed’ to it’s exact term. I rolled out of bed.”

“Well that doesn’t seem fun.” I giggled zipping my bathroom bag. I grabbed my make-up bag and put it aside too.

“Sky your phone is ringing make it stop.” She ordered with a whine as I started to walk back into the room.

I laughed grabbing my phone, “I don’t know what’s worse you in the morning or you recovering from a hangover.” I joked, but honestly I didn’t know which one was worse or what the difference was. I picked up my phone from the ground and answered it. The caller ID only showed the phone number, “Hello?” I wondered who it was.

“I’m outside waiting for you.” A male voice said.

I scrunched up my brows confused, “Um who is this?” I asked packing my bathroom bag in my suitcase.

“Jeremy. I’m waiting for you in front of the main building, there’s no way I’m going inside the girls dorm.” He said sounding annoyed, I rolled my eyes.

“How did you even get my phone number?” I questioned grabbing some clothes to changing into.

“I’ve got my connections, you don’t need to worry about it.” He said quickly, “Hurry it up we’ve got a plane to catch.”

“Well aren’t you just Mr. Romantic.” I mumbled putting my phone on speaker so I could change into some Nike capris and a lacrosse tank, “I’ll be down in ten minutes, alrighty?  Bye.” I said hanging up the phone. Ugh, I hate him.

“Was that Jeremy?!” Paige asked with a huge smile on her face, “You’re going to give me his number later, right?” She insisted getting up from the floor. I nodded my head saving his number under my contacts.

“Yeah being an ass as usual. Nothing different you know. I don’t even know how he got my number!” I exclaimed putting on my Nike free runs. I shook my head as I threw it up in a ponytail, “I got a plan to catch so I’ll see you on Monday.” I said grabbing my suitcase and my purse.