Chapter 17- It's Time To Start Living

My Paid Boyfriend 

Chapter 17- It's Time To Start Living 

I didn't really like parties, especially ones that the dorm students threw. Usually I just stayed in with a bunch of girls and we did our own thing, but this time was different. Carly had begged one of us to go with her. Paige and Jade were both declining and telling her they'd have more fun at our dorm. 

Sitting on my bed I looked up from my book, "I'll go." It was a shock to everyone. I was the one who made up mini dorm party because I vowed not to make a fool out of myself out there for everyone to see if I ever did slip and get drunk. 

So it was Carly and I one Friday night. Cheap beer, loud music, drinking games, boys and girls were all there. Carly was dressed in short black shorts and a bright royal blue strapless top that hugged her curves with a tight tied bow. Her long black hair was down in big loose curls framing her heart shaped face. She had just finished painting her nails silver when we left the dorm, so her hands stuck out by her sides like a model as she walked through the crowd of people. 

I, on the other hand, dressed in dark jean shorts, a strapless, white lace top similar to Carly's, and a long comfortable tribal cardigan. Carly had stolen the fat clip that was in my hair keeping it up in a messy bun. So now my slightly damp, naturally wavy hair came down my back. Self cautiously I kept running my hands through my hair thinking it was messy and frizzy but Carly told me not to fret because it looked fine.   

I followed Carly around as she found some friends that were drinking. They poured her a drink and me one as well, I wasn't such a huge fan of cheap beer but when you live in College you got to make do with what you've got. Beer in general didn't fancy me; cheap light beer had to be even worse. I rather drink prune juice. This beer tasted horrible and flavorless and not to mention flat. It is the worst kind of beer to try and drink. 

"Don't worry you'll get use to the taste." Someone shouted in my ear. I drew back frightened that someone was that close to me but I relaxed when I noticed it was only my friend Jason. "Dude, what are you doing here? You never come to parties this is like a first!" Jason laughed. 

I smiled giving him a hug because I felt like I hadn't seen him in so long, "Carly wanted someone to be with her so I volunteered. I guess I need to experience one of these in my College experience." I giggled as I held my red plastic cup in one hand.

"That's not the only College experience you've been going through I hear." Jason explained mysteriously making me wonder. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"Rumor has it that you went out with Jeremy Coleman on one of those stupid fake paid dates." He shrugged taking a long sip of his drink. Wow, people already knew? How did they know? "But I mean you're a better person than that; I don't believe you did. So screw the rumors."  When I stayed silent and bit my bottom lip I guess that told him he was wrong and everyone was right. "Wow, really Sky? Out of all people I didn't expect you to do that."

"I was desperate!" I exclaimed running my hand through my hair and I felt my muscles tense up.