Chapter 11- Realization

My Paid Boyfriend

Chapter 11- Realization

We all rode back to the hotel where the reception dinner would be held for the new bride and groom. Jeremy, my parents, Charlie's parents and I all rode in the same limo to the hotel. After pictures were taken of the whole wedding party and pictures with the family with the bride and groom, we were all approved to go to the hotel. My feet were already aching in these heels and the need for a drink was dire to me.

We we're the first people to get to the hotel. Others were either just getting there as well or some were already in the ballroom.  When we sat at our table I was quick to take my heels off and hide my feet under the table. With a small sigh of relief I grinned looking around the room and examining who was here so far.

Plenty of people had already arrived. The other limo with the wedding party had yet to arrive but I think I heard Charlie saying they were going to make some sort of "special entrance." Beside me Jeremy folded his arms over the table listening to the discussion my father and Rick were having. 

We all waited about half an hour sitting at the table until finally some better music started to play while Charlie’s cousin April, and my cousin Sean stood by the entrance doors with microphones in their hands.

“Can we have everybody’s attention?” Sean ordered. The room full of people turned their heads and ended their conversation to pay attention to whatever was coming up.

“Thank you. Ladies and gentleman we’d like to present to you the wedding party.” April announced waving her hands to the door, “Please give a supporting hand to the maid of honor and the best man for all their hard work and helping to pull the bride and groom through these events; Caroline and Lukas.” Everyone started to clap their hands as they walked through the door arm in arm. They stopped at the end of the dance floor and stood across from each other smiling, a space left in the middle of them.

“Next we have Michelle and Jake.” Sean proclaimed. Everyone once again started to clap and then Jimmy and Ashley stood by the best man and maid of honor- guys were on one side, girls were on the other.

Next we have, “Ashley and Jimmy.” April said next, another round of applause for them. They graciously made their way to the line, Jimmy looked over to me and winked and I couldn’t help but roll my eyes. He just loves getting under my skin. I know he enjoys ticking me off.

“Last but not least we have Aria and Brendan.” The last set of clapping hands went out to them.

April held her hand to everyone and interrupted, “We can’t forget the cutest part of the party, the flower girl and the ring bearer.” A few chuckles came about when the two youngest of the party came skipping in hand in hand and standing next to the older one.

“And of course, we cannot forget- or we’d be fired if we didn’t call them out and they had to wait out in the hall while we enjoyed the party without them-” Some people laughed when Sean said this but I found that mildly funny, “The newly wedded couple, the two love birds, the soul mates, the alpha and the omega, the peanut butter and jelly, the two peas in a pod, the-”

“Just get on with it!” We heard Danny shout from the hallway. Everyone laughed at that and of course I did as well.

“I’m trying to make this memorable, gosh.” Sean said sarcastically shaking his head. I rolled my eyes as I chuckled. Jeremy looked over his shoulder seeing if I was laughing along, “I’m only doing this once it’s got to be perfect. But without further ado may I present to you the new bride and groom that has been married for two hours and five minutes already; Charlie and Danny!”