Chapter 12- Unfinished Sentences

My Paid Boyfriend

Chapter 12- Unfinished Sentences

“Can I ask you a question?” I never understood why people started off asking you if it was Ok to ask a question. To me it never made sense, just go on with the damn question and don’t beat around the bush. But I also under stood, it’s like a buying yourself time until the bigger question proposed.

“Sure.” I shrugged pursing my lips as my cousin Scarlett took a deep breath before she began.

“So, it’s about Jeremy.” She started, “He’s different, he’s a charmer, silver tongue, paid to impress. He’s not like your other boyfriends.” She chuckled sipping from the champagne glass I secretly passed on to her.

Paid to impress, well hell yes that’s what I paid for. Silver tongue, most girls on campus worshiped him but me that silver tongue didn’t affect me, but the part about him being a charmer that I did fall for just a bit. Everything Scarlett was describing Jeremy to be is all correct, yet it was exactly what I was paying him to be.

“Well Jeremy is different.” I stated smiling when I caught him chuckling with some of the groomsmen he made friends with. Guys can get along so easily and very quickly.

“Well I like him better.” She smiled against her red lipstick stained glass looking at Jeremy as well. Better than Jimmy, I believe where she was trying to get at. My more recent boyfriend she probably remembers.

“Yeah me too,” I agreed. I liked Jeremy way better than any other real boyfriend I’ve had. Sure I haven’t been in a relationship for the past two maybe three years, but even being friends with a guy like Jeremy, being so close with him, has made me liked him better than my other boyfriends. All because Jeremy treated me differently than anyone else, he made me feel like me, I got to be myself and not someone I tried to be.

“Ooo, I see people with cake. As much as I love this talk I love cake more.” Scarlett chuckled patting her hand on my shoulder, “Want me to get you a slice?” She offered.

“No I’m good, thank you.” I grinned though watching her walk away. She looked lovely in her one should, light pink dress with her chestnut hair braided French like.

I went and stood around with Jeremy and the guys. When I stood by his side he simply grinned at me and continued to listen in to the boring conversation. I couldn’t stand much of it so I left, talking to some people around until I found myself at the bar. No one was around so I waited by taking out my phone and distracted myself.

What felt like a while later, someone bumped my arm to get my attention. With a sigh I closed off my game, I guess I could play Candy Crush later. I quickly checked the time and noticed I waited for ten minutes for this bar tender to arrive, but I was mistaken, it wasn’t even the bartender, it was Jeremy.

"Are you waiting for something?" Jeremy asked coming from behind as he leaned against the bar’s cold marble counter tops like me.

"Yeah, the bar tender." I sighed, resting my cheek on the palm of my hand. My elbow propped on the counter as I looked over to Jeremy, "You know where he is?”

"I just came from the bathroom and he was there texting." Jeremy replied with a shrug, "What do you want to drink?"

"I don't know som- What are you doing?" I remarked watching him look both ways then hop the counter to stand on the other side, "You shouldn't be back there." I warned looking around the room to see if anyone else saw.

He shrugged his shoulders, taking off his jacket he tossed it to me and then began to roll up his sleeves, "So what are you going to drink?" He asked again grabbed a clean glass from behind him, "Hit me with your best shot." He wink and chuckled to me