Chapter Twelve

I woke up and looked around. White and only white. I was in a big room that was safe. I was in a fricken safe room! It's like a mental asylum, but a single room in the pack house.

"What?" I ask myself and looked at myself.

I had a big white and baby blue gown with white slippers, and these blue glove things. My arms were wrapped in gauze and tape. My hair was in a bun and I was sleepy.

"Hey baby," a voice said and I turned around. Sam.

"What is happening?" I asked and looked at my hands.

"You are in the pack's psychiatric ward. You are a danger to yourself, Summer, there will be a Dailey schedule," he said and I stared at him, I can't believe he doesn't believe me, then again, he couldn't see Elliot.

"You will see a therapist daily and you will get medication," he informed.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked.

"Because I love you and want to protect you," he said, "I can protect you from everything and everyone, but I cannot protect you from yourself."

"Elliot is my baby," I whispered, "Elliot told me he couldn't meet me because he was killed. I didn't know."

"Darling, it will be okay. You won't hear that voice anymore. The psychologist thinks this is a minor case of schizophrenia that is just filling a hole in your heart, don't worry," he said, "We will fix it."

"I don't want to be fixed!" I yelled and scurried away from him, "I want Elliot. I want my baby boy."

"Summer, there is nobody there. He is your imagination. Now I must get going, pack business," he said and then left the room, while locking it.

I sat on the bed and cried my eyes out. I don't want to lose Elliot, I know I shouldn't love this little boy, but I do.