Chapter Fifteen

Sam's POV
We both left the office, the doctor just said she had a severe fever. Basically saying she had the flu, which is bad due to the fact wolves don't get sick. She must have an extremely bad immune system. It made Blayze whimper.

'Mate is sick. We can't help her.'

"I know, but we can't do anything besides make her comfy until this flu is done," I informed him.

'This isn't just the flu. We don't get sick. Something is wrong with Rayne.'

"Rayne?" I asked.

'Yeah, her wolf. Something is wrong, I can feel it.'

"How do you know?" I asked.

'She always purrs at our touch, but it is as if her wolf has gone mute. I can't sense her.'

"You're saying her wolf is gone???" I practically shouted in my head.

'No, not gone...trapped.'

"Trapped by what?" I practically yelled.

...

"Blayze?"

...

"Who are you talking to?" A sweet, angelic voice spoke.

"Trying to contact Blayze," I whispered and stood up coming to her side.

"Is th-that your w-wolf?" She asked and cuddled into the pillow.

"It is and he just disappeared," I muttered.

"Don't worry, Rayne does that all the time, but it's been a while," she whispered and started to dose off.

"What do you mean, 'Been a while'?" I asked as her heart rate slowed as she started to fall asleep.

"She just-" she started before falling into a deep sleep.

Why am I always left in the dark?