Chapter 10 - The Funeral

I'm sorry I didn't put up anything yesterday, I had stuff going on so I'm making this a longer chapter and I will try to post another later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessie's POV

I got off the phone to the police in just the nick of time as Keat was coming in. Now I've somehow gotta tell her I know about the texts and what's happening now...

Keats POV

I came in and I could tell by my girls face straight away that she has found out and that she's got something else to tell me so I walk up to her and look deep into her eyes before kissing her passionately. I didn't realise that a tear escaped from my eye but Jess did so she pulled back and rested her forehead on mine. I let the tears run down, I had no choice before Jess pulled me into a tight hug. "You... You know... D-Don't you? I... wa" "It's okay baby, yes I know, I saw them. Please don't hide things from me though, no matter how big or small because together, we can take on the world. I've called the police and they are coming in a undercover car and are going to pretend to be a relation of yours or something. Everything will be okay baby, I promise. I am NEVER going to leave you and we will get through this... Together. I love you Nakita-Shanice Susan Duff." How does she do it? in times like this she makes me smile like an idiot. "I love you to Jessica Ellen Cornish" Yet again we started to kiss passionately. The passion was so powerful it was unbelievable! It didn't take long for me to get the confidence to slide my tongue in her mouth and she slide hers in my own. I could of gone on forever but we got interrupted by a police officer clearing their throat. We both pull back blushing furiously. "I'm sorry to disturb you girls but we are ready." He adds with a smile. I then remember what's going to happen so I start crying again. Jess pulls me into a hug as we start walking into the car.

The car journey wasn't very long but the whole time I was cuddled into Jess' side crying. I can't believe this is happening. I look up to Jess to see she is crying and clearly she could read the questioning look on my face. "I never met your Mum properly babe but she seemed like a phenomenal woman! I know you two were so close like me and my Mum and I can't imagine losing my Mum. She would be so, so proud of you and she loves you more than you can imagine, I know she does and  know she is. I hate seeing you like this babe, it kills me inside because... Because there's nothing I can do to bring her back and I wish there was, I really do and I feel useless. I miss her and I didn't really know her, I really can't imagine how you feel. You are so strong Baby, you really are and I... I... L- Love... Y-you." By the end of this we were both crying hysterically. We just looked at each other before she lowered her head and gave me a quick peck on the lips. I can't even talk so I just mouth 'Thank you, I love you!' Now we had arrived.

Jessie's POV

We both walked in hand in hand and sat at the very front with the police men either side of us. My parents were sat behind crying as well as me and Keat. She was emotionless and I hate seeing her like this. The vicar said all of what needed to be said which I wasn't really paying attention to, me and Keat were both just staring at the coffin. I was still crying but trying to be strong whilst, my girlfriend was just sat there, emotionless with a tear falling now and then. Now it was her time to talk, I didn't even know she had a speech. She went up to the coffin and started to talk whilst looking at the coffin. "Hey Mum. I never thought I would be doing this, not now at the least. I miss you Mum and that asshole will pay, I promise. I know he's here now you know. I can see him. I just haven't told anyone, I thought I should tell you first. He's behind my right shoulder." With this the police stood up and so did Keats Dad. He started to run towards my girl so I obviously got up to and ran towards her. "JESS SIT DOWN! STEVE GRAB HER! YOU WILL NOT GET HURT JESS! I PROMISED!" With this my Dad grabbed my arm and was pulling me back. "GET OFF ME DAD! GET OFF! SHE NEEDS ME!" I manage to fight my way out of my Dad's grip and sprint towards Keat and wrap my arms around her, I didn't realise until now that the police had got her Dad. She hugged me back. "I gotta carry on Babe." She whispered in my ear so I went to walk back but she grabbed hold of my arm and smiled and pulled me back to her. She then put her arm around my waist and carried on.

Keats POV

I carried on. "I said I would get him Mum. You were right you know, about Jess. You really were and I promise you I will do as you said." I looked at Jess who had a confused look on he face which was so cute! "You know I've always been good at talking but never good at knowing what to say. You were my world Mum and as I promised I have already made someone else my world. Jessica Ellen Cornish is my world now, like you wanted. I will keep to the other promise to and I will do you proud one day. I love you Mum and I- I... M-M-Miss... You!" I can't carry on anymore, I breakdown into tears and hide myself in the crook of Jessie's neck as she pulls me in for a hug. "Jess?" I whisper. "Yeah babe?" Will you sing my Mum's burial song with me, please?" "I would be honoured babe, but what is it?" I lift my head p and say "Stand By Me, it was her favourite song... And... And she used to sing it to me so I would sleep." "Of course I will Babe." "Me and my beautiful girlfriend are gonna sing my Mums favourite song, Stand By Me and it's by Ben E King."

Me and Jess picked up a microphone each and started to sing.

Keat:

When the night has come

And the land is dark

And the moon is the only light we'll see

No I won't be afraid

Oh, I won't be afraid

Just as long as you stand, stand by me

Both:

So darling, darling

Stand by me, oh stand by me

Oh stand, stand by me

Stand by me

Jessie:

If the sky that we look upon

Should tumble and fall

All the mountains should crumble to the sea

I won't cry, I won't cry

No, I won't shed a tear

Just as long as you stand, stand by me

Both:

And darling, darling

Stand by me, oh stand by me

Oh stand now, stand by me

Stand by me

So darling, darling

Stand by me, oh stand by me

Oh stand now, stand by me, stand by me

Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me

Oh stand by me, oh won't you stand now, stand

Stand by me.

By the end of the song everyone was crying but no one more than me. I broke down as soon as I sung the last lyric. I just collapsed onto the floor and buried my head into my knees and Jessie comforted me straight away. he was crying just as much as me now. Her parents come over and hugged us both. "Come on girls, lets go home." They picked us both up an we went home...

It was about 7pm and Jess and her Dad went and got a take away because Jessie's Mum wanted to talk to m alone. I was nervous as hell and I'm sure Rose could tell. "It's okay darling. I just want a chat. I know today has been an emotional day for you, I remember when I lost my Mum, I was just as bad. I just want you to know that I know you have no family left apart from your uncle and I know you don't get on well with your cousins, I can tell so just know you can stay here as long as you want and that we would be honoured if you joined our family. I hope you do officially one day, through Jess. She really loves you and I know you love her to. The whole family loves you and I know Holly does as well, it means a lot to Jess that you two get on." "Thank you Rose, you don't know how much what you just said means to me, I would love to join your family because your right, about my cousins. Really, from the bottom of my heart, thank you." Rose gives me a hug just as Jess and Steve come through the door. I stand up and go over to Jess smiling which she reflects back. I pull her into me by the waist before kissing her with everything I have. Little did I know what was going to happen tonight...