Chapter 11 - Worries

Rose and Steve dished up tea which we ate and it was absolutely mouth watering! But I didn't take me long to go back into my own little trapped, worried world. I've been thinking about life without my Mum, knowing my Dad is now in the same country as me and being sure of it, my life, my future and how I'm going to live. I love Jess so, so much and her family but I can't stay here forever. I will just get in their way. I don't want to be like a squatter in their home and I'm sure they don't really want me here and... "Keat, lets go up to bed, you look tiered." Jess woke me out of my daydream but I nodded and smiled and went up to bed. I know she knew there was something wrong, she can read me like a book.

When we got up to the bedroom she walked over to the bed and I followed. "I know there's something wrong babe so don't deny it. I also know it's not just about today, I can see it I your eyes. Please tell me, whatever it is, we can face it together. Please tell me!" I can never say no to her, it's impossible. "You can read me like a book you know Jess?" She just sat there and smiled happily to herself. "I just don't know how I'm going to carry on without my Mum, she was the one that I lived for the one... Hang on, I didn't tell you what I was on about the funeral, did I?" Jess shook her head 'no'. "The day my Mum met you , she knew you were special, as did I. She made me promise that when she goes that... That I look after you, that I make you my new everything, I live, love and protect you so I did, that's what she was on about. She loved you already, she knew you were my girlfriend, how I don't know but yeah. She made me promise that I will never hurt you and grow old with you. I promised her and I will Jess because I love you." Jess had tears falling from her eyes so I wiped them away with my thumb gently. "I've been worried about my so called Dad to, I hate knowing he's even in the same country as me." "Babe, it's okay, I will protect you from him and what you said about your mum, I can't even put into words. I love you to. But I know there is something else." Man this girl is good! "I don't know where I'm going to live. I can't live with you, I will just get in the way." "Babe, don't be stupid, we all love you and you can stay as long as you like." Jess gave me a quick kiss before saying. "My Mum and Dad are going to some hotel tomorrow night for the night and Hannah and Rachel are at friends so it is just us to and I have planned us something but don't try getting it out of me. All I can tell you is I have arranged for Connie to go shopping with you tomorrow to get you something and to pick something up for me." "Awwwwwww Jess your so cute baby! I can't believe you arranged t all and how did you get Connie's number?" "I got it the other night babe now get some sleep, we got a packed day tomorrow." I did as Jess said and turned over as she spooned herself into my back and we fell asleep... Tomorrow is going to be  VERY good day.