I Surrender

It was quiet, it had died down. Everyone found themselves sitting on the couch watching the t.v like they normally did. Jeremy was off in his own world, imagining his death and what it would be like if he was gone. He rested his cheek on his fist.
     "Stop it" he heard a voice, followed by a slap to the leg. It was Kevin. Jeremy diverted his eyes to him.
      "I know what you're thinking about now stop." Jeremy just replied with a childish sticking of the tongue out. Neil shushed them as a news alert sounded. A new reporter came on.
        "A murder is on the loose. Police say he's some where in this area." The man showed a picture.
         The lads looked at each other worried.
          "That's where we're at." Alex said quietly. Josh got up and locked the bus door, turning off the lights and closing the blinds.
           " Police say that they've got a good idea where he's at and advise everyone to stay it. Repeat. Stay in." Soon there was a knock at the door, a violent knock. The boys headed for the back of the bus, but Jeremy didn't.
           "Jeremy don't be crazy. Get back here." Josh hissed. Jeremy shook his head. The knocking got more and more violent. Finally the door busted open. They looked towards the door as a semi short, scruffy looking man trudged his way up the bus steps. Jeremy shot up. Looking at the man in the eyes. The man gave a dirty toothed grin as he held up his gun towards Jeremy.
           Josh went to go run towards him but Jeremy gave him a stern look hinting no. They stayed back. Jeremy and the man had a long stare off, as soon as Jeremy went to go grab his phone from the table the man shot him in the shoulder.
           "JEREMY!" Josh cried out running towards Jeremy as he went down. Kevin threw a bottle at the man, hitting him and Neil ran for the phone, calling 911. Josh held onto Jeremy, muttering "it's going to be okay, I promise."