Paranoia

He let tears trail down his cheeks, he watched the outside. Feeling empty, like he often did. He laid his head against the wall that was near the window. 'Why am I so sad? I have no reason to be, yet I feel like a hollow shell.' He thought. He wiped his cheeks that burned at the touch.

      "Jeremy." He heard a soft voice call. He turned around and saw a tall man. Jeremy's vision was muddied by his tears."Whats wrong?" The voice said. Jeremy made the face out, it was Neil. 

        "Nothing." Jeremy muttered, wiping his cheeks quickly. They stood in silence, it was an uneasy silence. "Don't lie Jeremy." He pushed his way towards Jeremy, even as he tried to shut him out. Neil moved towards Jeremy, wrapping his arm around Jeremy's shoulders. Jeremy turned slightly away, his eye red and his cheeks raw. 

        "I'm not lying." Jeremy said fiercely. Neil pulled Jeremy in for a hug. Jeremy hugged back, reluctant at first.  Jeremy sighed against Neil's shoulder, suppressing the unwanted tears. Neil broke the hug, keeping his arm around Jeremy. They walked back to Jeremy's hospital room, opening the door the were greeted with a woken Josh. 

        "Are you okay?" Josh said very concerned. Jeremy looked at Neil then back at Josh. Jeremy nodded in reply to Josh. he went back to lay down in his uncomfortable bed, the lights were out, everyone went back to sleep, except him.

        He felt paranoia strike him as the darkness engulfed his body. All he could do is stare at the darkness that layered his ceiling. He tapped the bed with his finger tips, getting frigidity, he sat up and whispered 'Josh'. He called his name once more, "Joshua". "Yes?" The younger man replied.

       "Come here." Jeremy whispered softly. Josh got up and made his way over to Jeremy's bed quietly. Jeremy searched the bedside for Josh's hand. After a minute, Jeremy finally found his hand, grabbing it. Josh felt a bit surprised. 

         "I need comfort." Jeremy muttered softly. Holding onto Josh's hand gently, he closed his eyes. Josh sat by Jeremy's bed, laying his head against Jeremy's arm till the morning.