A New Friendship

I was completely in shock, it didn't make any sense why would I be Kion's mate we just barely met. Kion stepped up to Mufasa and started to speak with him. "Grandfather, what do you mean she's my mate?"
"Kion you didn't know this because your father wanted to wait until you were older but it seems that you have no choice." Kion's father then moved next to Kion and listened. "As the leader of the lion guard you are indeed one day to choose a mate but should you encounter a lion with the lion guard mark then that means that you two are meant to be with one another." "Kion you must understand that to have your lion guard mate if the two of you form a bond then you will share each others powersand your roar will be stronger than ever before." Little did we know is that someone was listening to our conversation. I looked around and even though I could feel someone watching us I couldn't see them. Mufasa then left the clouds and Kion came over to me. "Well I guess you and me should talk this over shouldn't we?" I nodded and then Simba stepped towards us. "Kion when you return you and me must speak as well." Simba then left with Rafiki and my parents following and left me with Kion and his lion guard. Kion looked to his lion guard for a moment. "Lion guard could you uh meet me at our hideout later I have to talk to her alone." The lion guard nodded and left Kion alone with me. Kion then turned back to me and bowed his head smiling. "My name is Kion what is yours." He asked me I then bowed my head as well. "Salina." We began walking down to the pride lands and headed towards the watering hole. There was a beautiful waterfall and many hippos and elephants drinking the water. We went to a little spot near the water where we could speak alone. I sat down with Kion next to me and he looked at the water while thinking of what to say. He took a breath and then looked at me. "Salina I'm not sure what is going to happen between us but I would like it better if we just start out as friends and see where it goes from there okay." I looked up at him and smiled I had never had a friend before.