Chapter 13

"Oliver?" I ask, my eyes tearing up as I see him with his arm around some blonde. He looks over at me with the slightest smile.

"Oh, hey Summer. How's life?" I clench my fists into balls and glare at the two of them.

"Who is that?" I ask through gritted teeth, pointing to the girl.

"Oh, her? This is my girlfriend, Sasha."

"It's Sarah," the girl corrects him in an annoyed tone.

"Whatever." He tilts his head to the side as he stares back at me, catching me wipe away a few tears. "Aw, honey. Why are you crying? It's not like we were dating in the first place. This could've been you if you accepted the offer of being my girlfriend."

"Yeah, you missed out," the girl says slyly, snickering as she speaks. Without another word, I quickly turn around and run away from that horrid place.

"Summer, look out!" I hear Austin scream. I look to my left to see a giant truck speeding my way, and before I could get out of the road, everything went black.

My eyes shoot open and I gasp, breathing heavily as I prop myself up on my elbows. Oli was already up, and he was quickly getting changed. He glances over at me with a worried expression. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah... Just a nightmare." Why the hell was he in my dream? And why am I upset about it?

"Well, you can tell me all about it later," he says with a smile, sitting on the bed and kissing my nose. "Jordan called. He said I'm needed in the studio." I nod, running a hand through my hair. I completely forgot he was a famous rock star. He checks his phone for the time and curses under his breath. "I gotta go now. See ya, love." Without any response from me, he runs out of my room and moments later I hear him running down the stairs. Suddenly, his bag catches my eye. Crap. He forgot it.

"Wait!" I yell, hoping he'd hear me. "You forgot your-" I was interrupted by the front door slamming. Oh well. I can give it to him later. I grab my phone from my nightstand and check it. It's 8 am, and I have a text from Austin.

I'll be home in time for lunch c: did everything go okay last night? I'll be checking the trash for pregnancy tests! x Austin

I roll my eyes and quickly respond, telling him nothing happened. When in reality, a lot happened. Oli and I acted like a couple, even though we weren't. And never will be. But what about the kiss? Surely it wasn't as passionate as the ones you have in the rain after a fight, and it wasn't one of those rough kisses you get from perverts. Has Oli lost his perverted ways? After all, he did tell me last night that he hasn't been with a girl since he met me. Or was he just saying that to get me to fall for him? I groan, using all my strength and common sense not to rip my hair out.

I should consult Lights about this. She always knows what to do and say. Unlocking my phone, I open up my messages and send Lights a text.

CODE RED! I'll be over in 20. BE PREPARED FOR MY RANTS! -Summer

I know I should take a shower, but I'll just do it when I get back. So, after I get dressed in a tank top and shorts, I grab my car keys and run out of the house. I don't bother to take my phone, since there's really no need.

~

Ten minutes later, I show up at Lights' house. I slip my keys into my back pocket and swing her front door open, not bothering to knock. See, Lights and I have that kind of friendship. We carelessly barge into each other's houses and steal each other's food and clothes. "Lights!" I yell as I run up the stairs. Lights was on her phone in her room when she looks up at me.

"Hey!" She motions me over and I give her a hug, sitting down on her bed across from her.

"Ready for a very... interesting story?" I ask with a smile. She nods.

"Yeah! Tell me everything, child!"

~

Five minutes pass and I've finally told her everything that has happened in the past week. She was just sitting there with her jaw dropped. "Well," she finally says, clearing her throat. "Do you like him?"

"No...No! Of course not! He's a player." She gives me "the look" and I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "I don't know, Lights. I don't want to. I might like him... but then again, I don't think I do. Because... ughhh." She giggles, rubbing my back.

"It's alright, Sum. You can't help who you fall in love with."

"But I'm not in love with him!" I protest.

"Well then you're not. But it's obvious you have feelings for him. And that's okay, because it's completely normal. And if you do like him... then do something about it. Maybe he's changed."

"He told me he hasn't been with any other girl since he's met me..." I trail off. "Do you think he's serious?"

"Summer, you're my best friend. You know I love you, and I'll support what ever decision you make in life. But this is my honest opinion. I think he's just saying that to make you fall in love with him. But hey, like I said before, if you think he's changed, then go for it. I mean, it's possible, you know. It could be like A Walk To Remember, where the good girl changes the bad boy/player. Except you're not fighting cancer. But besides that! I'll be by your side no matter what you decide to do."

"But what if I do end up liking him? I don't want to ask him out, so how is that going to work?" I ask, resting my chin in the palm of my hand.

"Simple. Just keep giving him hints that you're interested. Like, smile at him often. Laugh at his jokes, no matter how stupid they are. Playfully smack and/or punch his arm when he makes a perverted or cheeky remark. Ask him to hang out, rather than him asking you. Give him a hug when you see him or when you're leaving. Or, if you're really determined, hold his hand. Whether you're walking in public, or watching TV. Knowing Oliver, he'll realize you like him and ask you out for sure." I smile and nod, fidgeting with my hands.

"Good thinking, Lights. Yeah... I think I'll do it." She's about to say something before her phone vibrates. She unlocks it and reads the message.

"Oh, I completely forgot! Beau's taking me to the beach. Wanna join?"

"Nah, I'll skip."

"You sure? I have an extra bathing suit," she offers. I smile and shake my head.

"I gotta shower and clean up before Austin gets home. Thanks, though." She nods, understanding and opens the door for me.

"I know. Good luck with your player," she teases, giving me a hug.

"Thanks," I laugh.

"Make sure to text me later, kay?" I nod, running back downstairs. "And tell Oliver that if he ever breaks your heart, I'll break his face!" She yells after me. I laugh as I walk out of the house.

Operation Oli is now in session.

(A/N: Okay, this sucked. But oh well. It had a lot more to it and was more exciting, but half of it got deleted and so I had to start over. Which I hate doing. But yeah, the next chapter should be fun c: OH! I forgot to tell you guys! I'm creating a FAQ story, and it should be up tomorrow. A lot of people keep asking me questions, and so I've decided to just answer them all in a story. It's basically just questions about my writing, how I came up with the idea for this story, my makeup, my hair, my health, school, self harm, etc. So if you're interested in knowing more about me (cuz ya know I'm the most interesting person ever) or have a question that might be answered, go read it! (once it's posted, obviously). So yeah. Stay cute c;)