Chapter 36

I wake up to warm sunlight hitting my face. My eyes slowly open, feeling very heavy. Memories of the night before flood my mind as I look at Oli sleeping next to me, his arm slung over my torso. I wiggle myself closer to him and leave a kiss on his chest. He shifts a bit before yawning and opening his eyes, a huge grin spread across his lips.

"Good morning, sweetheart," he whispers, brushing his thumb against my cheek. I feel myself blush as I return the smile.

"Good morning, baby." He rolls over on his back and reaches his arms above his head, letting out a satisfied grunt as he stretches his body out. He kisses my forehead before sitting up and getting out of bed, revealing his naked body. My cheeks heat up again and I pull the sheet over my head.

"Oh, come on. You weren't hiding from me last night," he says, and I already know he has that smug look on his face. I peek my head back out and stick my tongue out at him, making him chuckle. "I'm gonna shower, love. Round four when I'm back?" My eyes widen and I let out a laugh.

"Babe!" I exclaim. He laughs and shrugs, walking out of the room and shutting the door behind him. I roll over and grab my phone from the nightstand, scrolling through the several notifications. I unlock it and open up my conversation with Matt.

Summer, can you check Oli's bedside table for my laptop charger? He said he put it in there.

Random, but okay. I scoot to his side of the bed and open his drawer, but there's no charger. Only a stack of folded papers. The top one said "Summer" in Oli's handwriting. I furrow my eyebrows as I pick it up and unfold it. It's a checklist with everything checked off, including things like "carnival date" and "movie night". The only thing not checked off is the very last thing, under "ask her out," and that's "fuck."

My heart stops beating for a second as I look everything over. I can't tell if this is supposed to be sweet or fucked up. I look in the drawer to see the other papers and pick them up, flipping through them.

Emily. Savannah. Sarah. Caroline. Jennie.

The list goes on, and it's the same checklist for everyone.

He played me. He actually had me fooled. I was just another pawn in his little game.

I shove the papers back in the drawer and shut it before picking up my phone and calling Matt. I quickly get up and put my clothes on, tears starting to fall. "Hey," he says nervously.

"You did that on purpose."

"Yeah," he sighs, "I couldn't keep watching him hurt you. You're so-"

"You've known about this?!" I shout, slipping my shoes on and snatching my keys up.

"Summer, I'm sorry-"

"How long..." He's silent for a moment before taking a deep breath.

"Since he first met you." I hang up the phone and shove it in my pocket as I run downstairs and out of the house. Tears flood down my face as soon as I get in my car. I contemplate calling Austin, but I figure I'll just see him at home.

I really can't believe this is happening.

~

I run into the house and straight up to Austin's room, who's peacefully sleeping. I slump down on his bed and start sobbing into the pillow, making him wake up. "Summ, what's wrong?"

"E-Everyone was r-r-right about Oli," I manage to spit out between sobs. He sits up, rubbing his eyes.

"What do you mean? Right about what?" He softly asks.

"I was just another one of his game pieces, Austin! He used me for his own satisfaction! I found checklists of cute things to do together with multiple girls names on the front of them."

"Oh, hell fucking no," he growls, yanking the blanket off of himself, "that British bastard is dead fucking meat." I grab his arm to stop him from leaving the room.

"No," I squeak out, "please just stay with me. I need someone." He lets out a heavy sigh and lays back down on the bed, pulling my body close to him.

"I'm so sorry, babe. You didn't deserve that."

"How could I be so stupid to think that I changed him for the better? His band knew, and they never told me. Do you think other people knew, too?"

"I don't know, it's likely." I squeeze my eyes shut to try to stop myself from crying more.

"Do you think Lights knew?"

"I don't think so, but there's only one way to find out." He picks his phone up but I stop him, putting it back down.

"I'm gonna talk to her in person." I snuggle back into his chest and let the tears come again.

Hi babes! I decided to try writing more of this story, so I wrote a short chapter of what happened the morning after. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue with this story, but I'll try if you guys still want to read it! I plan on writing a new story and I want to know who you guys want me to write about. Comment on this story or leave me a message with your suggestions! Thank you all for your patience and support, I love all of you dearly x