Chapter 28

Today's the day. Today's the day that Austin and I fly back home to England, leaving behind our friends and the beautiful Florida. Sure, I'll miss the warm weather, Alan and Maddie, and the gorgeous beaches, but I must admit that I'm excited to go home. I miss Oli. I miss Lights. I miss the elderly grocer who works at the market two blocks down from my house that glares at everyone who comes within 10 feet of her. I miss having to cuddle up under a thick duvet just to keep myself from getting hypothermia.

"Knock knock," Alan says from the doorway, interrupting me from my thoughts. I smile at him and zip up my last suitcase.

"Hey, Ashby."

"I prefer 'ginger princess'," he jokes. We both laugh and I shake my head.

"God, I'm gonna miss you guys." He chuckles and walks over to me, pulling me into his chest in a hug.

"We're gonna miss you guys, too. But don't fret. Austin's already talking about booking another flight back here in a few months. Maybe then we can get tatted together." I smile and shrug.

"That'd be cool." I pause and check my phone for the time. "Hey, I have an hour until we have to get to the airport, so I have one last request." Alan raises an eyebrow, indicating for me to continue. "Drive me to the mall?"

"What for?"

"I totally forgot I need to bring back someone a souvenir.." I trail off. He smirks.

"And does that 'someone' happen to be skinny, tall, covered in tattoos, and the lead singer of a successful band?"

"Why would I get Austin a souvenir when he came here with me?" I ask, slightly tilting my head to the side. Alan facepalms.

"Not Austin. A British friend of yours."

"Josh Franceschi?"

"You're not friends with Josh Franceschi."

"I wish I was though.. If you know what I mean," I say, wiggling my eyebrows and nudging him in his side with the goofiest grin on my face.

"You're nasty."

"Says the guy who shoved popcorn kernels up his nose last night when we watched The Heat," I giggle, crossing my arms over my chest.

"DON'T JUDGE MY LIFE CHOICES."

"Will you take me or not?" He purses his lips together and just states down at me for half of a minute before throwing his head back and groaning dramatically, stomping out of the room. I'll take that as a yes.

~

"So why exactly did you choose me to take you and not Austin or Maddie?" Alan asks me as we walk around the nearly empty mall.

"Because you're a guy, therefore you know what guys like as a present. And I don't. Plus.. This will be our last hangout session for another couple of months, so might as well make the best of it, right?" He shrugs.

"So basically I'm being used for my fantastic knowledge of gift-buying for the male gender. Wonderful." I laugh and roll my eyes.

"Just... What do guys like?"

"It depends on the guy."

"...Oli."

"AHA!" Alan screams, pointing a finger in my face, making everyone give us weird looks. I smack my hand to my forehead. "I KNEW IT WAS FOR HIM!"

"You're an idiot," I say.

"So are you for actually liking him." I stop in my tracks and glare at him.