Chapter 26

"Why are my eyes burning?" I ask as Maddie unwraps the last piece of foil around a stand of my hair. She laughs. "Hair dye has that effect. Now go rinse it out." She walks out of the bathroom, closing the door behind her so I could get in the shower. Luckily for me, Maddie had some extra hair dye in her cabinet so I didn't have to spend any money. I didn't want to do anything too drastic, so I went with a burgundy color. It wasn't bright red, but it wasn't brownish either. I guess you could say it's in between.

I dry my hair with a towel and put my clothes back on after I rinse the dye out, calling Maddie back in. She helps me blow dry my hair and brush it out. "Can I see it now?" I ask excitedly. She smiles, shaking her head.

"Not yet!" She plugs in her curling wand and waits a few minutes before curling my hair. The process takes around ten minutes.

"What about now?" I ask as she clips a beret to the side of my hair, pinning my side bangs to the side of my head. She sighs.

"Fine." I turn around to face the mirror and gasp. Not to be conceited or anything, but I look gorgeous.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaim, basically tackling Maddie in a hug. She laughs, hugging back.

"We're not done yet, sister. And we better hurry before Austin and Alan get back from the store." I nod. "So, what did you have in mind?" She asks, holding up her makeup kit. I bite down on my lip in thought.

"Nothing too crazy, but nothing too simple either." She nods, pushing me down to sit on the edge of the counter as she gets started on my face. She spreads foundation and concealer all over, making sure it doesn't look cakey. Then she moves onto my eyes.

"So tell me about Oli," she says. "I mean... It's obvious he likes you. Do you like him?" I can feel my cheeks turn pink at her question. She smiles. "I'll take that as a yes. Have you been on any dates?"

"Well, yes and no." She raises an eyebrow, continuing to work on my eyes.

"Explain."

"He takes me out places and calls it a date, but... I don't know. It just doesn't seem like a date, you know? I mean, we both enjoy ourselves, but I can tell we're thinking the same thing."

"Well do you show him you're excited about the dates before it actually happens?"

"No... usually him and Austin plan our dates and I have no say in them."

"Maybe that's just it. You make it obvious that you don't want to go out, and that lowers both of your self esteems, whether you realize it or not. So maybe when you get back to London in a few days, call him up and invite him to go on a date with you. I guarantee you that it'll feel like a real date." I nod as she puts her makeup away.

"Alright, I'll do that. Thanks."

"No problemo, babe. Now look at your beautiful face." I hop off the counter and walk over to the mirror. I smile at my reflection once again. My lips were red, matching my hair. My eyes had a thin black line of eyeliner around it, except Maddie created the cat eye effect on my upper lids.

"You should seriously go in the beauty department," I say, giving her another hug. She shrugs.

"I'd like to keep this hobby to myself. Now come on, let's go shopping."

~

Taking a deep breath, I walk into the tattoo/piercing shop. After all that shopping, I realized that I wanted a little extra something. And that something was a piercing. "Maddie!" A bulky, tattoo-covered man exclaims, stepping out from behind the counter and giving Maddie a big hug. She giggles, hugging back.

"Hey, Jack! Long time no see!"

"What are you here for?" He asks, paying no attention to me whatsoever.

"I'm actually here for my friend," she explains, gesturing towards me. I awkwardly smile and wave.

"Well, a friend of Maddie's is a friend of mine. Tattoo on the house." My eyes widen.

"T-Tattoo?" I stutter. "Oh, no. I'm just getting my nose and belly button pierced. No tattoos for me." He nods.

"Take it into consideration, okay? I'll go get the piercer while you sign the papers," he suggests, pointing to a paper on the counter. Maddie and I take a seat and I look over the pointless questions I have to answer.

A guy walks out of the employee's only area as soon as I finish. He was tall with black hair that swept across his forehead, and his ears were stretched along with a few tattoos here and there. He was attractive, there's no doubt about it. He scans the room with a mysterious look before his eyes land on me. Smiling, he motions me over. Maddie and I stand up and walk over. My palms were alredy sweating; I was so nervous. But there's no backing down now.

"Are you Summer?" He asks. I swallow the lump in my throat and nod. He chuckles, shaking his head as he looks over the paper. "Alright, follow me."

"Can Maddie stay in the room with me?" I blurt out, feeling like a small child. He gives me a weird look for a moment but nods, leading us into the back room. I lay back in the chair while Maddie sat across the room. The guy pulls up a stool next to me and puts on a pair of latex gloves.

"I'm Dylan, by the way." I smile and nod.

"I used to have a friend named Dylan when I was younger. Now how bad will the piercings hurt?" He shrugs again.

"It all depends on your pain tolerance, I guess. I'm gonna do your nose first." He wipes some type of cloth on my nose that smells like weird chemicals and carefully puts a dot on my nose with a sharpie. I then noticed how blue his eyes were, and they were gorgeous. It seemed as if his eyes turned a darker shade of blue as he concentrated on lining the needle up with the sharpie mark on my nose.

"Okay... 1.. 2.."

(A/N: I KNOW THIS IS A FILLER CHAPTER BUT I LEGIT WROTE THIS IN LIKE.. 10 MINUTES AND I NEDDED TO POST AT LEAST SOMETHING

THANK YOU YAILIN FOR REMINDING ME TO UPDATE & I AM SO FRIGGIN JEALOUS THAT YOU MET AUSTIN CARLILE YESTERDAY ;-;

But on a serious note, this chapter is dedicated to a guy named Dylan. He was a fan of this book and he voted/commented on every single chapter posted, and last week he kiked me telling me how much I mean to him and that this book helps him get through the day. I was so flattered. And then he asked if I could put him in this story because he'd be so happy and it'd mean the absolute WORLD to him. I promised him I would. But then I felt the conversation die down, so I told him I had to go to school (even though I didn't) and he promised that he'd text me later.

Yesterday morning, I got a text from Dylan's friend saying he committed suicide just a few hours earlier. I never got to talk to him again, and he never texted me back like he promised. Basically what I'm trying to say here is NEVER take ANYONE for granted, because they could be gone tomorrow and you'd never see them again.

So here I am, putting Dylan in this story just like I promised. I'll see you soon, buddy. Tell Mitch I said hi c': )