Chapter 31

-Summer-

"Crap," I mumble as I look at the time on my phone. I'm 10 minutes past the time I promised Austin I'd be home.

"What's wrong?" Oliver asks me as he belly flops onto his bed next to me.

"I have to go." He groans while wrapping his arms around my body, tugging me into his chest.

"Noooo."

"How old are you?" I laugh, trying to get out of his grip.

"Old enough to make it so you're physically incapable of leaving," he jokes.

"Austin's gonna be pissed if I don't head back."

"Please just stay the night?" He asks, giving me those big brown puppy dog eyes.

"Even if I wanted to, he'd never let me."

"You're old enough to make your own decisions, don't you think? Just tell him we got in a fight and you want to catch up with Lights, so you're staying over there." I hesitantly pick my phone up and send a text to Austin saying exactly what Oli had said.

"I get the bed, you get the floor or couch. Your pick," I say once he lets go of me, propping myself up on my elbows.

"Orrr, I get the bed, and you get me.. If you know what I mean." My face turns red.

"OLIVER!"

"I was joking, calm down," he chuckles. He props his head up on his hand as he lays on his side, staring up at me. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What?"

"Why aren't we a couple?" My eyes widen at the question. Was this his way of asking me out?

"Uh.."

"No, I'm serious," he says, positioning himself so he's sitting and looking down at me. I copy his position and hug my knees to my chest. "I mean.. We kinda act like a couple, most of my fans love you and ship us, you're cute as hell, and I'm, well... Me." I roll my eyes. It was sweet up until he had to add that last bit in.

"You've never asked me, I guess." He groans, throwing his head back.

"People still do that? Ask?" I smack my hand against my forehead.

"Yes, Oliver. It makes everything less confusing.

"Alright, alright. Stay here, love. I'll be right back." He hope off the bed and jogs out of the room, leaving me sitting here wondering what the hell he's doing. I mute the tv and take out my phone. Austin replied saying it was ok and to text him before it come home.

"You okay?" I call out after a few minutes of not seeing Oli. Instead of getting a reply, he walks in with an acoustic guitar in his hand. My eyes widen. "Oh, okay." He sits across from me on the bed and clears his throat, setting the guitar up.

"This is my cheesy and tacky as hell way of officially asking you out," he starts, giving me a small crooked smile before beginning to strum the guitar. "She's the girl that no one ever knows. I say hi, but she's too shy to say hello. She's just waiting for that one to take her hand and shake her up. I bet I could. I wish my heart was always on her mind. Cause she's on mine like all day, all the time. Forget me not, forget me now. I've come too far to turn around. I'm here tonight." He pauses for a second, most likely forgetting the next note.

"Cause I'm never going down, I'm never giving up. I'm never gonna leave, so put your hands up. If you like me, then say you like me." I grin from ear to ear, but before I could speak, he cuts me off. "Don't you dare say one word until I'm done. I spent days trying to learn this song just for you so you can take two minutes out of your day to listen to it."

"Okay, sorry," I laugh, putting my hands up in surrender and nodding for him to continue.

"She's the girl that no one ever knows. Works a double just to buy her clothes. Nicotine and faded dreams, baby just believe there's no one else like me." He repeats the chorus again and sets down the guitar, taking in a huge breathe of air. The smile never left my face. "Well?" He asks, hope filled in his eyes. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I bite down on my lip.

When I met him, he played every girl within a meter. But after really getting to know him, he's not actually like that. Or maybe he's changed. Either way, he's a total sweetheart. I bring myself back to reality and nod.

"Yeah, yeah I will." He tackles me in a huge hug and kisses all over my face, making me laugh and push him off of me. He falls down beside me and takes his phone out of his pocket, bringing up the camera.

"First picture together as a couple," he says as he takes the picture. "We should probably tell Austin."

"Bad idea," I say, taking his phone out of his hands and tossing it aside. "I'm at Lights' house, remember? We're currently in a fight." He nods.

"True." I roll over so I'm laying on my stomach and scoot up closer to him. "God, you're so beautiful." I grin and shrug.

"It comes naturally." I press my lips against his, immediately feeling him smile. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me back, making it obvious that he intends on deepening it. Which, of course, he does. But as usual, I stop it before it gets too intense. "Can I borrow one of your shirts? This is uncomfortable to sleep in," I ask, gesturing towards my outfit. He sighs and gets up, walking over to his closet and tossing me a random shirt.

"Here, love." I quickly go into the bathroom and kick off my leggings and shirt, replacing them with the comfy shirt that reached mid-thigh and had a cat on it. I pull my hair back into a ponytail and head back into Oli's room. He's already under the blanket, looking almost as tired as I am. I cuddle up next to him, pulling the blanket up to my chin. He smirks down at me as he reaches over me to turn off the light, pecking my lips. "Night, babe."

"Good night."

(A/N: wow I took forever to update. But IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!! YAAASSS. Now that I finally found a way to make them a couple, there will be a lot more frequent updates now since I have so much planned.

Just in case any of you want to know what the song Oli serenaded Summer with sounds like, it's called Say You Like Me by We The Kings. I'd put it in the side bar but I'm on my phone so that's not an option.

QOTD: Where do you want to live when you grow up? I wanna live in London c:)