Chapter 32

The sound of heavy rain pounding on the window was what woke me up. Rubbing my eyes, I look at my surroundings. Where am I? This isn't my bed.. Or my clothes. Was I kidnapped in my sleep?

Then it hit me.

This is Oliver's room.

I'm dating Oliver.

I run a hand through my hair as I slide off the bed, my bones awkwardly cracking as I make my way downstairs. The smell of pancakes and Canadian maple syrup fills the air, nearly making me drool. I walk into the kitchen to see a shirtless and sleepy Oli flipping a pancake on the stove. "Is that for me?" I ask with a small smile, leaning against the counter next to him and looking up into his big brown eyes. He grins down at me.

"Maybe." He leans down and pecks my lips before placing two pancakes on a plate, cutting it up and adding butter, syrup, and even a little whipped cream.

"This is so healthy," I joke. Oli chuckles, spraying a little bit of the whipped cream onto my nose.

"Boop." We both start laughing and I smack his arm. "Here, I got it." He leans down to my level and licks the cream off my nose, making me scrunch my nose up.

"Did you just lick my nose?" I ask. He shrugs.

"It's a possibility. Whattya gonna do about it, shorty?" I playfully glare up at him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Eat these delicious pancakes," I say, snatching up the plate and running over to the kitchen table and immediately start stuffing my face. He laughs as he takes out two glasses from the cabinet.

"That's such a punishment," he says sarcastically. "Do you want a drink, love?"

"Just milk, please." He nods, taking a jug of milk out of the fridge and pouring some into both glasses. He sets one of the cups in front of me as I stare down at my plate.

"What?" He asks, a little worried.

"Nothing," I say, shaking my head. "These pancakes just taste a little funny."

"Oh, for christ's sake! We didn't even have sex yet!" He shouts, facepalming. I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"What? No, not that kind of funny," I assure him. He sighs in relief.

"Thank god. People have told me I could impregnate women just by looking at them, but I didn't think it was true." I grin and roll my eyes.

"You're an idiot."

"And you're my girlfriend."

"How long have you been waiting for the opportunity to say that?" I ask.

"A while," he smiles. I nod and sip my drink, nearly spatting it out.

"This tastes weird too."

"Maybe because this is a vegan breakfast..?" I smack my hand to my forehead. I completely forgot he's a vegan.

"Is there anything in this house edible that isn't vegan?"

"Water," is all he says, sipping his drink.

"Are you sure? Dead animals float around in the lakes they get the water from," I tease.

"It's filtered," he argues.

"How would you know?"

"It says on the bottle."

"Ever heard of false advertisement?"

"That's illegal."

"That doesn't stop people from doing it."

"True, but the government makes sure they're not false advertising."

"Shut up."

"Make me."

"Fine," I say, leaning over the table and kissing him. He smiles into the kiss and I pull away, pushing my plate towards him. "Here, you finish it. You need the extra calories."

"These don't have calories," he reminds me. I groan and stand up.

"Okay, smartass. I'll call you later."

"Where are you going?" He asks before I can leave.

"Home, obviously." He gives me his puppy dog eyes; my weakness.

"Can't you just stay a little while longer?"

"I can't. I have to go back to work today."

"You have a job?" He asks, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

"Yeah. At the ice rink, remember?" He thinks for a moment before nodding.

"Now I do. Don't make any plans for Tuesday."

"Why?"

"There's a music festival that I think you'd love."

"And what makes you think that?"

"Arctic Monkeys will be there."

"I'm in."

(A/N: weird place to end it, i know. But hey, I updated c: while you guys are waiting for updates on this chapter, you should read my Austin Carlile fanfiction I posted a few days ago. I only posted the prologue, but I'm working on the actual first chapter. And if any of you are fans of the BBC show Sherlock, I also posted the first chapter to my fanfiction that you can also find on my profile. Okay, have a nice day!

QOTD: tumblr or instagram?