Chapter 23

-Matt-

I pull my hoodie over my head and slip my shades over my eyes before walking into the Hot Topic store. I was in desperate need of a Suicide Silence shirt, since Lee stole my one and only and refuses to give it back. I wouldn't have a problem fighting him for it since I'm several feet taller than him, but the old thing was faded anyway. A new shirt would do me good.

I stare at the wall filled with band shirts, deciding on the one I like the most. Eh, they all look the same. I grab one in a size large and bring it up to the employee, who was lazily stacking CD's. He walks over to me and starts ringing me up, tugging on his lip piercing as he does so. I look around the store impatiently, and then my gaze fixes on the magazine stand on the counter next to me.

There was the average AP magazine with Kellin Quinn's face on the cover as usual, but then another cover caught my full attention. It was called Metalcore Magazine, and right on the front in big bulky letters, read:

"Oliver Sykes' New Girl: From Classy To Trashy Overnight!"

And there, taking up the entire front cover, was a picture of Summer yelling at some girl. When was this and why am I just now learning about it? I pick it up and examine it for a moment before handing it to the guy behind the counter. He looks at it and laughs. "I don't care if she's trashy, I'd still bang her." I clench my fist and grit my teeth, keeping my face hidden.

"That's no way to treat a lady," I say angrily, slamming a twenty dollar bill on the counter and taking my bag with me out of the store. I'm going to have to confront Oliver about this, and soon.

-Summer-

Miami is probably the most beautiful place I've ever been to. I watch in awe as all the houses pass by out my window. They all looked so... peaceful. Unlike the ones in London. All of these houses practically look the same. I roll down my window and lean my head against the door, gazing at everything in sight. "We're here," Alan announces a little too excitedly as he takes the key out of the ignition. I get out of the car and stare up at the house before me. It wasn't ginormous, but it was definitely big enough to get lost in. It was a beige colored house with a wide front yard and a cute little porch, with fresh green grass on the lawn. Red and white roses lined up against the short white picket fence.

I take a few of my bags out of the trunk and carry them along into the house, where the door flung open to reveal an ecstatic Maddie. She almost knocks me over in a hug. "Oh my god, Summer! You look so different from the last time I saw you!" I smile once she lets go of me, taking my bags and dragging them upstairs. I take a moment to be fully aware of my surroundings.

Their living room was perfect; a white leather couch across from a huge plasma screen tv and a white leather loveseat. The rug had a huge random design on it that I didn't understand, but it still looked nice. Pictures of Alan and Maddie lined up on their mantel, just above a big fireplace. The room smelled nice... what is it, strawberries?

Remembering what I was supposed to do, I run upstairs and take a wild guess as to where Austin and I would be staying. I walk into a room to find Maddie setting my things down, panting heavily. "Jesus, Summer! Did you bring the Royal Palace with you?" She jokes. I laugh and shrug.

"Maybe."

"Do you need any help unpacking?"

"Um... nope, I think I got it. Thanks." She nods.

"I'll be downstairs if you need me." She shuts the door behind her and I plop down on the king sized bed, taking this chance to actually look at the room I'd be staying in for the week.

The room was a pale green color with a sort of matching theme to it. The bed duvet was the same pale green as the walls, except it had white detail swirling all over it. The pillows were white with the light green details, and the sheets underneath were just the same shade of green. There was another plasma screen tv hanging on the wall directly across from the bed, with a desk sitting in front of a large window with a view of the beach over the neighbor's house. There were three doors in the room; one leading to our private bathroom, one to the closet, and the last one leading to the hall.

I unzip my bag filled with clothes and hang them all up in the closet, taking up more space than I had planned. Oh well. it's not like Austin needs that much space, anyway.

-Austin-

"Go, Jerry, go!" Maddie screams at the tv. I chuckle and continue to watch Tom and Jerry. Summer's upstairs unpacking and Alan's too busy playing on his phone to care about anything.

"OH. MY. GOD," Alan shouts. I raise an eyebrow.

"Wh-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR A SECOND," he says, slamming his hand over my mouth to cut me off, not taking his eyes off his phone. Maddie mutes the tv, getting up off the floor an sitting next to Alan. After a minute or so, he hands me his phone. I look at it and it's one of those news stories from a stupid "rock magazine".

"What now?" I laugh. I gasp sarcastically. "Did I die again?" Alan and Maddie both slowly shake their head. I scroll down, only to see that the article is about Summer. All. About. Summer.

I read halfway through, just to get the basic idea of what it's even about. The picture was of Summer screaming at some asshole in the airport the other day, and the headline was basically calling her trashy. And apparently, she's Oli's new girlfriend. Which isn't true.

"I don't think she knows about this," Alan says, taking the phone back and standing up. I pull him back down with a cold
stare.

"And I'd like to keep it like that. The only reason we're here in the first place is to get Summer away from all the drama." Maddie nods.

"She deserves to know, Austin."

"That's why I'll tell her once we get back to London," I explain.

"And what happens when she finds out that you knew all this time? Then what?"

"I'll handle it, Alan," I say, running a hand through my hair.

"Bu-"

"I said I'll handle it."

(A/N: CAN SOMEONE PLZ GIVE ME ASHTON IRWIN FOR CHRISTMAS LIKE SERIOUSLY THIS IS A LEGIT QUESTION)