4: Why Do You Care

-Draco's P.O.V-

I looked up at the clock on the wall seeing it was '11:03'.

"Merlin, Granger!" I said, making her jump.

"What?" She asked with a start.

"It's 11:03 we need to go on our Nightshift!" I said jumping up and grabbing my wand.

"Oh, your right!" She said getting up with her wand.

"I know I'm right" I smirked.

"Oh be quiet ferret" She scoffed.

"Same to you Beaver" I raised my eyebrows as we walked out, both of us laughing a little.

We walked down the hall quietly, wand out at the ready. We walked up and down the long halls and after a while found a lost first year and sent them to there room. After we then headed back towards our Common Room. I must admit... Spending time with Granger was nice... Made me feel a little better I guess.

Once back at the Common Room we went to bed with much more then a 'Goodnight'. The next morning was a Saturday. This week we wouldn't be going to Hogsmeade because it was the first weekend. I didn't sleep at all like usual. When I woke up I had the normal bags under my eyes and so I used a spell to hide them, like usual... and as usual I decided not to go to breakfast. Instead I decided to head for the Black Lake...

I went to the Library to grab a book to read and headed for the Black Lake. Hermione was no where to be seen this morning but I figured she just went to breakfast early. I walked down to the lake, book in hand to see something that brought a lot of different emotions. Anger, sadness, jealousy, depression... Weasel and Hermione were snogging... The realization that she was with him, loved him, would be with him... And not me, hit me like a bullet. My breathing grew and I ran off towards the only place I could hide... The Room Of Requirements...  

-Hermiones's P.O.V-

I pushed away from Ron's sudden outburst. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Draco running off.

"Merlin Ronald!" I stood up.

"Bloody hell Mione what?" He asked standing too.

"Ron... I just..." I didn't know what to say... It's just, when Ron kisses me it means nothing, to either of us... I can tell...

"Whatever Hermione..." He said storming off. The problem with Ron is he always loses his temper!

I scoffed and ran up to the castle... Going the only place I knew where to hide where no one would look for me... The Room of Requirements.

I opened the door and walked in, stressed out. I let out a loud sigh but then I heard something that sounded like a cry, panting, breathing hard. For some reason this cry broke my heart. I walked into the room silently, my hand place on where my wand was in my robe. I walked until I reach a place near the back wall... A mirror and looking into that mirror, was Draco Malfoy. I remained hidden behind a cabinet, though I wanted to go to him for some reason. 

"You'll never disserve her! Your pathetic! A coward!" He cried.

I felt a pang in my heart. He looked so broken... I wanted to leave but my feet had other plans... My feet started walking for me... Out into the light... Where he could see me. He looked up in the mirror, spotting me. He looked shocked, almost scared.

"Draco?" I asked softly.

He furred his eyebrows "You called me Draco..." He said softly.

I guess I did... It sorta slipped out... I nodded "What's wrong?" I asked.

He looked nervous suddenly "I'm fine" He muttered and walked past me, but my hand, once again automatically, grabbed his arm.

"Granger" He said softly with sad eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked again.

"I..." He started to say but his expression changed "I'm fine" He said almost angrily.

"Draco please" I said quickly.

"No! Why? Why do you care?! Why are you trying!? You hate me! Why do you care if I'm okay or not?! After all I've done to you? After all I've put you through!? Why do you care!!?" He yelled, making me jump slightly. I let go of his arm.

"I don't hate you, I never have, Draco!" I yelled back.

"Don't call me that!!! I've been horrid to you and now you care!!?.. Just.. Stay away from me!" He screamed and ran out, slamming the door behind him.

I was shocked, hurt and felt horrible. A tear or two escaped my eyes falling to the floor. He looked so broken... I just wanted to help... But it seemed to make it worse... It broke me to see him like that. I quickly went back to the Common Room, not seeing him there I went into my room. I fell on my bed and rubbed my face... That pang still hurting in my torso.