6: Thinking It Through

A/N: Thank you guys so much!  I just posted this about two days ago and it already has over 50 reads and 7 votes!!! Thank you guys! You have no idea how much this means to me!!!

Also I plan to write/finish this story (eventually) and then write more Dramione! But I wont just leave you guys hanging by randomly abandoning the story... I read Dramione myself so I know how it is to be left all the sudden and I WONT do that to ya =)

Much love!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Draco's P.O.V-

I fluttered my eyes open, waking up to a dark room besides the light of the fire. I looked down to see Hermione. Her head was on my chest and she was laying besides me. My arm was around her and the other was behind my head. I smiled to myself, here I was laying on a couch in the middle of the night with the girl I love in my arms. A smell of honey and... roses maybe? hinted from her. She smelled good.

Suddenly I remembered why she was in my arms... Last night Weasel cheated on her... And she broke up with his sorry arse. She was so broken last night... But she's in my arms now... I couldn't help but feel bad for her. But I was also a little glad, maybe I had a chance now... Or, something like that.

Hermione started stirring, I looked down at her to see her open her eyes. She looked up into my eyes deeply, like she was searching for something.

"Hey" I mumbled softly, in a barely auditable.

"Hi" She whispered in the same quiet tone.

Her face remained sad, but as if it hit her over the head she sat up quickly, her eyes filled with tears. It's like she suddenly remembered what happened... and it looked like it hurt pretty bad.

"You okay?" I asked sitting up as well.

She nodded as a tear escaped her eye, which she quickly wiped away.

"What time is it?" She asked softly, barely over a whisper.

"It's uh..." I turned to the clock on the wall "2:41am..." I sighed.

"Oh Merlin" She whispered to herself. She rubbed her hands over her face and pulled her hair behind her ears. "I'm gonna' go to bed..." She sighed.

"O-okay" I replied softly.

"Thank you... For everything..." She said getting up.

"Sure" I nodded.

"Really, thank you...For defending me... For punching Ro-" She cut herself off unable to say his name "For staying with me..." She added, trying to shake the pain of Ron away.

I nodded "Don't mention it"

She tried to smile slightly but couldn't bring herself to. She sighed and started walking to her room. She opened the door, her hand on the doorknob "Night" She muttered, turning to me and walked in, closing the door with a click.

"Night" I said, even though I was the only one to hear it.

I then went into my room, changed into some sweat pants and laid on my bed... Knowing I wouldn't sleep. But those two hours on the couch with Hermione was the first, good sleep I've had since the war... Dreamless, sound sleep. Because when I do sleep, it's filled with awful nightmares.

-Hermione's P.O.V-

I woke up, I rolled over as I opened my eyes, looking at the clock on the wall. '8:32'. Breakfast started a hour ago... and has ended a few minutes ago... Class would be at nine! But then I glanced at the calendar... Today was Saturday, thankfully. I may have missed breakfast but I wont have to worry about classes today. I probably wouldn't have gone to breakfast anyway due to the fact that Ro-... That he would be there... I couldn't even think about him.

Was I upset because I loved him? No. He never did make me feel sparks or butterflies... It was always rough meaningless kisses and he always tried to get me to do things I just... Wasn't comfortable with him. I couldn't really trust him when I was alone with him... I felt... I don't know, unsafe? And that's not how your supposed to feel in a relationship!... Maybe it was for the best we are over... But... Cheating on me?! He cheated on me with that daft dimbo Lavender Brown!!! Ugh, they both disgust me!

I was just glad there was no classes for the weekend... Two days for me to be able to stay away from R-Ron... There I said it... I will have the whole weekend to stay away from Ron and his daft lover Brown.

I sighed as I got up, I was still in my school robes. I decided a nice hot bath might help. I got up and grabbed some clothes from my drawer. Black leggings and a gray long-sleeve shirt with a brown and pink scarf.

I then walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I turned on the water and stripped down, folding my robes using a spell. I tied my hair in a messy bun and then turned off the water and lowered myself into the steaming hot bath. I let my head rest on the rim of the bath and sighed, closing my eyes as I let the hot water surround me in its blanket.

I opened my eyes, the water wasn't nearly as warm, almost chilly. I must have been in here for a while... I got out and dried off with a towel. I then changed into my warm clothes. I walked into my room glancing at the time '10:04' I sighed, I had been in there for a long time! I took my hair out and brushed it into a high pony tail before walked out into the Common Room. 

As I walked out I found Draco sitting on the couch staring into the fire blankly. He didn't even notice I had walked in. I walked to the couch and sat down by him, still unnoticed. I became worried that he hadn't moved besides blinking.

"Draco?" I asked softly placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Hm?" He jumped, turning to me suddenly.

"You okay?" I asked with furred eyebrows.

"Of course... You?" He asked, turning himself towards me and moving slightly closer.

I shrugged "I'm fine"

He looked at me unconvinced.

"I did a lot of thinking this morning and... I'm not upset about the breakup... It was diffidently for the best. I'm more mad at him I suppose... Because he ch-cheated on me... Not to mention it was with that daft dimbo Brown..." I sighed.

"True, she's a bloody lunatic!" He exclaimed.

I smiled slightly.

"But Hermione... What he did to you was wrong... He should have never cheated on you... You deserve so much better" He nodded at me.

"Thank you Draco" I said honestly taken back.

He nodded again.

"Hungry? I can run down to the kitchens..." He asked me getting up.

"Not really..." I sighed.

"Okay..." He said softly and sat back down next to me.