7: I Swear

-Draco's P.O.V-

I feel the need to take care of Hermione as much as I can... Because I love her. But I can't even take care of myself. I barely eat... Don't sleep much... I know its not good for me but... I can't. I use spells to hide it from others but I still feel it inside... Every morning I preform a spell to keep the bags from under my eyes. I use a spell to make me look healthy because I don't eat all that much. But I feel it inside, that I'm not healthy.

It was Sunday morning. I got out of bed and knew my health spell had worn off. I took off my shirt, seeing how thin I am getting... I know I should eat but I feel that I don't deserve to... I don't deserve to be healthy or happy... not after all I've done I don't-.

Suddenly there was a quick knock on the door and it opened...

"Draco I was t-" Hermione cut herself off as she saw me.

I turned around quickly looking at her, embarrassed and ashamed.

"Draco... What?" She was at a loss for words.

I ran over to my bed, grabbing my shirt and quickly put it on.

"What happened?" She asked, clearly baffled.

"Nothing, I'm fine" I said quickly.

"Clearly something happened" She walked closer.

"I'm fine" I snapped.

"How? Are you eating at all?.. I don't see you at meals but honestly!" She sounded horribly worried.

"I'm fine Hermione! Don't worry about me! I'm not worth it!" I yelled and ran out of my room to the Common Room.

-Hermione's P.O.V-

"Draco!" I yelled running after him, I grabbed his arm.

"What?!" He yelled back turning towards me.

I looked at him with sad, worried eyes "You are" is all I could manage to get out.

He knew exactly what I meant "No, I'm not" he shook my grip. He then walked out of the portrait hole.

"Draco! Please!!" I yelled running after him. I grabbed his arm again and used all my strength to pull him back inside.

"What Hermione?" He asked, his eyes full of tears... and pain.

I didn't know what happened to him but there was a strong pang in my torso. I didn't know what to say either so I just did the only thing I could. I lunged towards him, pulling him into a tight hug. He hesitated for a moment but then hugged me back just as tight, if not tighter. As if he was holding on for dear life. The same smell of cologne and green apples filled my nose... But then I felt him shaking... He was crying...

"Hey, hey it's okay... Shhhh it's okay" I whispered as I pulled him to the couch, sitting him down. Where I then held him again. He was shaking and was just so broken... It broke me. I stroked his hair kept saying soothing words to him... I knew he needed this... to let it out, especially to someone he knew wouldn't judge him.  He did it for me so I'll do it for him. It was actually nice to know he felt comfortable crying around me.

After a short while he stopped sobbing and let go of me.

"Draco, explain... I wont judge you, we've all been through that war. I understand, I went through pain too... So, explain" I said firmly.

He sighed deeply "I've done so much bad Hermione... I don't deserve to be happy or healthy... I deserve to suffer Hermione... I deserve the pain!" He cried.

"No you don't Draco!" I said feeling horrible, the pang getting stronger in my stomach. "It is not your fault! You do deserve to be happy and healthy! Draco... You are not a bad person!" I scolded.

"But I am Hermione!!! I am a bad person!!!" He said and grabbed his sleeve and pulled it up, revealing  his faded Dark Mark.

I sighed "Stop" I said firmly.

I took his hand that held his sleeve "You are not a bad person" I said strongly "And I never want to hear you say that again! You are not evil, you didn't not have a choice!" I almost yelled.

"Everyone has a choice" He muttered.

"Shut up" I told him "Draco Malfoy, I swear to you that I will prove you are a good person... I swear I will get you healthy, not with spells... I will fix you" I said in a determined voice.

'Don't make promises you cant keep" He said softly in a pained voice.

"I will keep it... Because I will succeed and I will fix you" I sighed, pulling him into a tight hug again.

-Draco's P.O.V-

"Everyone has a choice" I muttered.

"Shut up" She scolded "Draco Malfoy, I swear to you that I will prove you are a good person... I swear I will get you healthy, not with spells... I will fix you" She said in a determined voice.

"Don't make promises you cant keep" I said softly in a pained voice.

"I will keep it... Because I will succeed and I will fix you" She sighed, pulling me into a tight hug again.

I hugged her back... I know I don't deserve her, but she sounded so passionate about this.. I didn't want her to waste her time on me... but... I love her.