16: Too Good To Be True?

-Hermione's P.O.V-

After a few slow dances and some laughing Ginny came over to Draco and I.

"Oh Mione! You look fantastic!" She exclaimed "Absolutely radiant!"

"Aw, thank you Gin! So do you!" I said to the red head who stood before me in her dark purple, almost blue short dress with silver sparkles on the bust rim. The skirt of the dress had ruffles with the same sparkles and was short, ending right above her knees. She silver heals and had her hair half up half down, straight as usual.

"Thanks" She smiled.

"Malfoy" She nodded, trying to be civil.

"Weasely" He said slowly, trying to refrain from calling her weasellet.

"I'm gonna go see Balsie... I'll be back in a bit?" Draco asked me.

"Of course" I smiled at him.

He pecked my cheek and walked off towards a small group of Slytherins. Ginny then looked at me with a smile.

"So... How are things with Malfoy?" She asked smiling big.

"Wonderful! I... I've never been happier! He's sweet and kind, thoughtful, funny and just makes me so happy" I smiled, blushing fiercely.

"Aw Hermione!" She giggled.

"Oi, there you two are!" Harry jogged over. "Wow, Mione, you look beautiful!"

"Thank you Harry, you look very handsome" I told Harry, he was always like a big brother to me, my best friends. When we complemented each other as we did everyone knew, it was like a sister and brother.

"Thanks Mione" He smiled "Where's Malfoy?" He asked, his smile growing dimmer.

"Went to talk to some friends" I nodded.

"Ah" I muttered turning to Ginny as a slow song came on. He held out his hand "May I?" He asked Ginny.

"Of course, love" She smiled and they headed out to the dance floor.

I smiled and headed to the food table, taking a punch. I took a sip and nearly gagged, alcohol? Ugh, disgusting! I put my cup down on the table and looked around to find my platinum blonde haired prince. I found Balsie and some others who survived the war like Theodor and Goyal. But I didn't see Draco... I sighed and decided to take the chance to get some fresh air. I walked out of the extremely loud Great Hall and headed towards the front entrance. I headed that way when I saw a flash of platinum blonde hair. I went around the corner to see Draco... Pinned to a wall being snogged by some blonde.

"Draco?!" I yelled, feeling tears in my eyes.

"Get off me!" He yelled at the girl, pushing her off.

She backed away and, of course, it was Lavender Brown... I had been cheated on, twice, both times with Lavender Brown... With Ron it was for the best... But Draco... The guy who I thought was the one... The guy who I love and who makes me feel like I was the only girl in the world.

"Hermione please!" He begged, walking towards me.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face, making my mask wet.

"Hermione I swear It's not-" I cut him off.

"Leave me alone!... I thought... I.." I let out a sob and took off, running as fast as I could in my heels.

"HERMIONE!" He screamed after me, running too.

I continued running and I ripped off my mask, holding it in my left hand. Suddenly, he caught my right arm.

"Please listen" He begged.

"NO! YOU listen! I... You and I, I thought we were... I've never been so happy, I've never felt this way about anyone! The way you make me feel.. I've never felt that way with Victor or Ron... With you I feel safe and happy, protected and just... So happy... You were there for me when Ron cheated on me... I thought you changed!!! But really, I was wrong! I should have known it was too good to be true! Because you, Malfoy, cheated on me... With the same bloody dimbo as Ron... You have done many things to hurt me Malfoy... Calling me Mudblood.... Making me feel like scum.... But none of which have any hurt so badly then this" I yelled, sobbing.

"Hermione you don't understand! Please! I swear I never touched her! I didn't kiss her back! She jumped me! She was drunk! Please Hermione I swear!" He was in tears now... I could see them start to fall and it broke my heart even more. "Please Hermione!... I would never do that to you, never! You're my everything! I- I love you" He said as more tears fell.

I swallowed, I could see it in his eyes, he wasn't lying... "I.. I love you too Draco" I let out another sob.

He grabbed my into a tight hug, wrapping his arms around me protectively "I'm so sorry Hermione.... I would never" He whispered into my hair. I hugged him back, tightly, holding on for dear life. After our long embrace I sighed, wiping away my mascara ridden tears.

"C'mon... Let's go back to our Common Room" He said putting a arm around my waist.

As we walked I laid my head on his chest "I'm sorry I didn't let you talk and I jumped to conclusions so fast" I said softly.

"It's okay... I don't blame you, I mean you were cheated on before... I'm sorry about it all... I hate seeing you cry... Especially when it's my fault." He tightened his grip around me slightly.

"Same" I smiled up at him as we arrived at the Portrait Hole.

"Ah... If it isn't the two love birds at last" Snape smirked.

"Bowgart" Draco said softly with a sigh.

"What? Don't want to talk?" He said softly, still smirking.

"Not really" Draco seemed a little angry.

"What? Are you worried I'll tell your darling Hermione that you've been in love with her since you were young? Or maybe that in the sixth year you were scared that if you killed Dumbledore she'd never forgive you, and then you'd never have a chance... Or how about the fact that you wanted to save her in the Manor that night? Oh, or maybe the one about how you STILL have nightmares about her screams?" Snape taunted.

I looked at Draco who was looking down... Tears filled his eyes yet again, which, yet again, broke my heart to see.

"ENOUGH!" I screamed at Snape, making Draco jump slightly. "Bloody enough, we said Bowgart just let us in!" I huffed.

He chuckled as he swung the portrait hole door open. We walked in, Draco's head still down.

"Was it true what he said?" I asked, facing him, looking up at him even though he was looking down, since he was so much taller the me.

He nodded.

"Draco" I whispered, putting a hand on his cheek. He closed his eyes for a moment at my touch, raising his head to look at me. "He may be a Git but even so... It is still the sweetest thing I think I've ever heard... I had no clue that you felt that way" I told him softly.

He nodded again, now looking deeply into my eyes. He then leaned down and planted a long sweet kiss on my lips.

I smiled at him "I'm going to change" I sighed "It's been quite a night"

"Yeah... I suppose so..." he smiled as he headed to his room as well.