9: Amortentia

A/U: WOW!!! I now have over 90 reads and 17 votes!!! I checked it earlier today and it was half that! Thank you guys SO much! I hope you are enjoying it! Keep it coming!

Please Read, Vote and Comment =D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Draco's P.O.V-

After eating a actual meal for once I headed to my first class, Potions, with my partner, Hermione. When I arrived at class most everyone was there, laughing, talking... It was pretty loud in there. It did smell rather weird in the room though... I sat down next to Hermione, who smiled at me.

"I see you ate" She smiled.

"I did" I raised my eyebrows and lowered them.

"That's good... Because I would hand feed you if I had to" She joked.

"Hmmm... Maybe I should stop eating again" I  smirked.

"Oh be quiet" She bumped her arm into mine.

"Does it smell weird in here to you?" I asked.

"Yes actually-" She cut herself off as the whole class then went silent as Professor Slughorn walked in.

"Good Morning class! Now today we will be talking about a very strong potion, in fact it is one of the strongest potion in the world! Amortentia! Now can anyone tell me what Amortentia is?" Slughorn asked.

And of course Hermione's hand flew straight up.

"Miss Granger" He asked for the answer.

"Amortentia, like you said, is the most powerful love potion in the world. It is distinctive for its mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from the potion in spirals. Amortentia smells different to each person, according to what attracts them." She explained.

"Wonderful! Ten points to Gyffindor!" Slughorn exclaimed. "Now in front of you, there is a small caldron... You all have one? Good. Now then Miss Granger, since you so correctly answered would you mind telling us what you smell?" He asked.

"Of course Professor" She smiled and bent over the caldron, smelling the potion. Her eyebrows furred with slight confusion.

"Well?" He asked.

"Um, I smell... New parchment... Freshly cut grass....." She paused "Apples? and um... Cologne" She finished quickly.

WHAT? Did I hear correctly?!  Did she just say apples and cologne?

"Wonderful Miss Granger! Thank you! You may take a seat. Now today we will each smell the potions, right down what we smell and your homework this week is to, with your partner write a '6 inch' short report on Amortentia" He explained. "Any questions?" He asked. "No, good! Begin!"

We then started writing down our results. When I smelled it, it came out as Freshly brewed tea, (and shocker) honey and roses.

-Hermione's P.O.V-

After classes I had a free period before dinner so as usual I went to the library. Tomorrow we had a short 6 inch report due on Amortentia... 6 inches really isn't that bad but we need the right facts to fill it with. So I went to the Potions section and grabbed a book The 10 Strongest Potions In The World.  The title says it all! A fantastic book on the ten most powerful potions... Amortentia is the strongest love potion, but not the strongest potion in the world so it's rated number 7.  I checked it out and put it in my book bag before going to dinner.

"Hey Mione" Ginny smiled as I sat by her.

"Hi Gin" I smiled as I put a napkin on my lap.

"Evening Hermione" Harry smiled.

"Evening Harry... How professional" I smiled as I took a sip of pumpkin juice.

"Why thank you" He smirked.

I put potatoes, carrots and potroast on my plate... Once of my favorite meals. While I did this Harry and Ginny started a conversation on Quidditch, which didn't really interest me. So I kind of zoned out while I ate. Absentmindedly my eyes wondered to the Slytherin table. I then looked to see Draco who was already looking at me. He quickly looked down but then looked up at me again. I offered a small smile in which he returned with a barely noticeable smile and a slight nod.

"Incoming" Ginny whispered in my ear and I quickly looked away from Draco to see Ron and Lavender walking in the Great Hall hand in hand. They sat down a few people down from us. Before Ron could start eating Lavender whispered in his ear and kissed him deeply. I felt a bit of anger inside me because they were doing that when Ron and I were still together. But then the anger built and built as they started snogging. I knew I was going to lose it...

I glanced at my plate, seeing I was pretty much done anyway.

"I'm gonna head up, I have to do the 6 inch report so..." I said softly to Ginny and got up.

I didn't even wait for a response before leaving. I headed for the Common Room not wanting to have to watch them constantly snog.

-Draco's P.O.V-

After Hermione suddenly broke her gaze I saw Weasel and his dimbo girlfriend walk into the Great Hall. I wanted t go punch him... And to make it worse he started snogging his dimbo girlfriend right in front of Hermione! I then watch her go almost pale and tell Weaselette something. She then walked out quickly. I sighed.

"Balsie" I said suddenly.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I'm gonna go... I gotta work on some homework" I said getting up.

"Okay mate, G'night" He nodded.

"Night mate" I said and headed out.

I walked normally out. But once out of the Great Hall I booked it to the Common Room... Litterally running. I ran up to the 7th floor, breathing pretty hard from running up all those stairs. I finally arrived at the portrait hole.

"Bowgart" I breathed.

"You alright Mr. Malfoy?" Snape asked me as he opened the door.

"Fine" I said in a slightly high pitched voice then normal from running so fast.

When I walked in Hermione was sitting by the fire reading The 10 Strongest Potions In The World.

"Hey" I said still out of breath, walking behind the couch.

"Hey" She said not looking up from her book.

"Whatcha' readin'?" I asked even though I already knew. As I asked I stood behind the couch, lowering myself over so my chin was sitting on her shoulder.

She showed me the cover "Studying for the 6 inch report we have to have done by tonight" She explained.

"Nice" I smirked and stood back up.

"We can get started whenever your ready..." She said going back to your book. 

"Ready" I said getting my book and sitting next to her.

"Okay then" She laughed a little, closing her book.

"You okay?" I asked abruptly.

"Why wouldn't I be?" She asked back.

"Weasel" I sighed.

She scoffed "I'm fine" She nodded.

"You sure"

"Yes... Now write this down" she instructed and I got my quill.