My Dream/First Case

I was driving into Kingsley with my parents. We were going to Kinglsey because I was accepted for the job at the KPD. We were going up the hill. Then going down the hill. Then turning the final turn. Then there it was, Kingsley. The town of no major crime. I dropped my parents off at the hotel we were to stay at for a few days. Then, I drove my truck towards the house that I had been looking at.
    It was a three story house. The outside was a light brown. The corners were a darker brown. I asked for a tour of the house. The inside walls were white. There was a nice soft carpet on all stories. The furniture was amazing. There was a bathroom on each floor. All of the bathrooms had a big tub and nice flooring. "What's the price?" I asked the pretty real estate agent. She told me how much and to my surprise it was under my budget. "I'll take it." I said as I turned my head to look around. 
                                                                            A month later

    We were sitting on my red couch watching television when I get a call from Simon to come to the lab. I say bye to my parents. I walk to my truck, get in, start it up, and drive off. I reached the lab and I go in and asked Simon why he  told me to come here. He says "Edward, this is your team and this'll be your partner." He lifts up his arm pointing behind me. I turn around and see someone who I haven't seen in a decade. I see John, an old friend. "Long time no see John, been awhile." As I said that John's jaw dropped.
    I motioned John to come over to me and he hugged me like I was a family member who's been gone for a long time. "It's been to long Edward. Too long."  I hugged him back when he finished speaking. I hear in the background the scanner saying something that caught my interest. "We found a murder site. Multiple corpses. If I could guess an amount I'd say twenty." I blinked in shock when I heard that. But, when I opened my eyes I saw only my room and I heard John telling me to wake up. "Edward wake up," I look up at him, "I found the masked man. He's in the street demanding our presence. Mainly yours."