Valentine Killed Holmes

I open my eyes and every one is hurrying about and Simon is assigning orders. He looks at me and tells me, "Edward, I need you and John to go the the crime scene to collect the bodies. Also to see if there were any witnesses." So I did as I was told and drove me and John to the crime scene. On the way there John and talked about what we did in the past ten years. I learned that John spent most of the years working at the KPD. I told John that I had been a firefighter and a doctor. "Then, I moved to Kingsley, where I was accepted into the police force."
    It was a few minutes before we got to the crime scene. And when we got there John started to examine the bodies and I went to the house to see if anyone was home. I knocked on the doors and no one came to the door. I went to the windows and looked inside and saw blood. "John, you're going to want to see this." John walked over to me and looked into the window and saw what I saw. I go back over to the door and open it and walk in. Another body, possibly the owner of the house. Next to the body are words but when I tried to read it, I couldn't make them out. John walks up behind me and reads the words "'Valentine Killed Holmes'. What does the mean Edward?" My face filled with confusion. I tilt my head "I don't know John, I don't know." I was still wanted to know why I wasn't able to read the words.
    I walk outside and the bodies have been moved. Repositioned. The bodies were moved into letters the spelt "WAKE UP" John walks up to me and asks "Who moved the bodies? It's only been a few minutes."
I looked at John and answered, "John, I think I may be asleep." I turned look at the bodies once more and see the faces have changed. They were wearing masked now. On the forehead if the masked were the same words. "Valentine Killed Holmes" written in a red marker. I only knew this because John read the words and said that all masks have the righting. "Now I definitely know I'm dreaming." John walks up behind me and pinches me. I didn't even feel it.
"If you were dreaming Edward, you would've woke up when I pinched you."
"Ok then John, explain how the bodies moved to spell out the words 'WAKE UP.'"
John didn't respond. Next thing I know is I'm sitting at my desk drinking coffee. I look at my computer. I had some article on the screen. I looked at the picture and I see a red and blue tornado. And some masked man. "Why do I recognize him." I said quietly to myself. Then I looked closely at his mask. It was the same mask all the victims had. Next to the masked man was a body. I looked closely at it. It was my body.