Wait, she's still alive

I smiled at Valentine's expression. His face was like every other murderer when we asked why they murdered a person. I still smile at their reactions. "She's still alive?" He his head to look at me. I nodded, still slightly smiling. Valentine's shocked turned into a smile. He even started to chuckle. As if I was telling a joke. "Impossible," he said while chuckling, "Only once did I fail to kill one of my targets. That was you." I pull out my phone and call one of my buddies who were at the hospital with my mom. I put the phone on speaker.

"Hey Edward," said Tony on the phone, "your mother is getting the bullets pulled out of her now. She'll live." I hung up. I looked at Valentine. His face still smiling. I was confused, "Didn't you hear him? You failed." He started laughing. I raised my hand and slapped him on the back of his head. He stopped laughing. "I have a friend who owed me a favor. He had a scientific mishap. Now he can turn into people. He kills or kidnaps them first, so they won't ruin his plan." Valentine's eyes follow me as I walk around the room, he continues. "I'm sorry for your loss." He starts laughing really loud this time.

    I smack him once more. I walk out of the room. He's still laughing. John walks up behind me, "Want me to send him to one of the nice padded rooms in the asylum hotel?" John asked jokingly. I laugh at his question. "We might need to though." I said seriously, "There's no way someone can physically turn into a person." My phone goes off. It's Tony saying that my mom had turned into Valentine. "What?" I look at John and say, "We need to get to the hospital now." I show him the text. We start running to John's car.