0.

PROLOGUE

I stumble across the corridor, trying my best to stay up. It's strange how the simple task of walking has suddenly become difficult. It wasn't really like I could walk that properly before, tripping over my own feet to be a daily task, but this time it's ridiculous. I'm walking as if I downed a jug of alcohol, but I admit it's nothing like that. I'm completely sober but somehow I don't feel it. I don't know what's wrong with me. My head is pounding. The side of my abdomen is throbbing like mad. I desperately try to cling onto the unclaimed lockers, trying not to fall over in weak attempts.

There's suddenly a ringing in my head. It takes me a couple seconds to realise that it's the bell for class as it has given me an immense headache. Before discovery, I assumed it was another symptom begging a diagnosis. Never have I ever heard the bell this loud before. I could continue to list the things wrong with me... but, honestly, it's too long to bother, and plus most of that list would've been on that list before this morning.

Despite the dreading list, I can't stop asking myself over and over again "What is wrong with me?" Could it have something to do with what happened last night? But then again, I can hardly remember about the recollections of last night myself. No one else can explain anything. I can hardly remember how I even got here in the first place. Where am I? School? Ew....The memory of the last 12 hours comes back to me in little chunks and pieces, but they're all blurry. It's too far from complete, or complete enough to generate a reasonable explanation.

I try my best to get into my homeroom class, stumbling in the process. It's the worst first day without hesitation. I'd barely glimpsed my schedule, but it said something about chemistry. I have to go with my instincts and assume that I'm headed towards the right direction. My vision is slightly deformed but I eventually make my way into a seat in the back without any unwanted attention or detection coming my way. I sit down in the seat as quietly as possible and I guess the entire class goes as normal. I guess.

I just wish it could've been normal through my own perspective. Everyone around me seems normal though. Lucky them... right? Just not me, all of sudden. I guess I wasn't really normal to begin with, even as teenagers go, but at least I could pretend in the past.... As I try to stay focus in class, as it would it the best thing to do, my headache is still pounding. I think it would hurt less if my skull just broke open right here and right now.

The ticking of the clock is suddenly threatening. It's ear splitting in the energetic classroom. Why can I hear it and the scattered low whispers running through the classroom. I can hear the subtle chewing of hidden gum, belonging to reasonable candidates. I can hear the scraping of pencil or pen to paper, including the occasional tapping against the wood of the tables as students are taking notes. I can smell the oder of the hormonal teenagers.

God, they don't smell pleasant. Do we constantly smell like this? We are really gross. But that still begs the question: how am I able to have all the sense so clear? Why now?

I look straight forward and suddenly my vision is in line. I suddenly am able to catch the breath I didn't know I was struggling to hold. How has the pain suddenly subsided? It's almost as if I never had a headache in the first place. As suddenly as it left, it comes back again.It hits me like a bus. It just runs back into me like it never left in the first place. Suddenly, with the pain, I see visions. Visions all from last night. Haunting me. Reminding me a confusing time, although it was so recent.

My hand unconsciously shoots straight up into the air, the other on my head trying to tame the unbearable pain. "May I go to the nurse?!" Mr. Harris, from my poor perspective of him, just nods. I grab my bag, and run, not actually allowing him to answer verbally in case he decides to change his mind.