9.1

CHAPTER NINE PART ONE

"Why do you even want to come? We might be late for the meet," Ethan insists.

"I didn't mean to push Ennis off too so I thought that checking up on him would be a good idea," I confess.

"Since when did you care about Ennis?" he asks, seeing right through me.

"Okay fine! Honestly, I kind of want to know if Kali's mad at me. I don't know if it's just me but they seem like they had a thing or something," I admit, knowing there's little point in hiding it.

Before he answers he laughs, "It might be fine. The rest of us don't care. If he's dead then you inherit his powers then you're an alpha the normal way. Kali will just have to get over it."

I sigh, not realising that before. As he continue to walk the last word of our little conversation is me saying, "That's one way to think of it." My way of thinking about it is actually killing someone. It wasn't too long ago that I was freaked from the sight of Kyle's bloody mangaled corpse hung up against a tree like a display, but suddenly blood doesn't bother me, almost allures me actually, and the thought of killing someone sounds empowering. I've completely changed and the only explanation is all the alpha blood.

Deucalion said that every ounce of blood I drink is equivalent to an hour of alpha powers but that was all yesterday. When I looked at myself in the mirror this morning, I checked my eyes and they're still red when wolfed out. How much could I have drunk? Either way, all I can think about is how delicious it is, craving more to consume.

It isn't long before we make it to the lowest escalator in the abandoned mall where all the fighting took place. I remember it clearly and almost feel proud of the moments. When we get there we see Kali, Aiden, and Deucalion have already made it.

"I didn't think you were coming," Aiden announces. "I thought you both were going to the meet."

I'm not given that much time to take in the assumption before I see Kali charge at me nagging, "You did this to Ennis. This wasn't apart of the plan. How would you do this to him?!" and all that kind of stuff. Honestly, I didn't care that much about what she's talking about compared to saving my own ass.

Since I'm surprised by her attack, I just manage to merely dodge her, although she somehow got a scratch on my cheek. As she's coming back, I can feel it heal pretty quickly — probably from the alphaness still in my system. I plan to attack back, landing a punch on her stomach, crouching down afterwards as she swings her claws. I lift her up and throw her over my shoulder. During the thud she makes on her encounter with the ground, I go to press my knee against her stomach, ready to claw her face off before a voice pipes up.

"We're not here for this," Deucalion simply states calmly, still having a little edge in his voice.

He's right so I get off her and closer to the staircase but not before saying "I didn't even know we had a plan going into it."

While she was settling near everyone else she didn't mind giving me a little snarl my direction as a warning. I decided to be look surprised just for her amusement.

"Aww, I love a good cat fight," Ethan complains. I smirk at his comment but let it go. But in the end, I found out my answer: yes, Kali is mad at me.

"We need to take Ennis somewhere. He's badly hurt but he's not dead," Aiden says, nearing Ennis who honestly looks dead, but is most likely just unconscious. I try to hone in on his particular heartbeat and for sure it's steady but obviously still beating. I'm a little revealed. "Help me get him up," he asks from everybody as they obey, grabbing a limb.