9.2

CHAPTER NINE PART TWO

As I stop reminiscing over my current revelation of possible mind control - okay, it might not be that much - I snap back when I hear Isaac speak up again. "Whoa, whoa, you're still hurt."

At the same time, my nose betrays me. Instantly I'm trampled by the smell of what could be rotting blood for all I know. The sound of an extremely slow heart draws me to look over at the one and only Scott. Then, I see his white shirt oozing a dark maroon colour, which I can only assume could be blood or really bad aim of poor quality ketchup to a plate.

Seeing the pain emanating from him, I feel the need to feel sorry. I want to feel sorry and I do. I don't even know why I decide to look back at Ethan, as if I need his approval on my own emotions. But it's right when I look towards him, even though he doesn't look back, all the remorse I've felt fades away with a pounding threatening headache. It' so strong and powerful and lasts right up until I decide I don't care about Scott's wound anymore. I have no idea how they could possibly go hand and hand but at least the headache is gone.

"I'm fine. Give me a chance to figure something out, something that doesn't have to end with someone else dying," Scott answers in reply to his wound. When he finishes his heroic statement, he looks at me. Or should I just say looking through me and back to yesterday when everything happened. He's looking back to the time I'm push Ennis and Derek off the edge. Is there a chance that he's psychologically not healing because of his connection with Derek and departure. They seem like the type to get along but is there a chance that the possibility of his death is impacting him and his abilities in healing?

"Okay." Boyd seems hypnotised his Scott's wounded silhouette.

And with that, Scott is gone crawling back to his seat in the back.

***

Is there no simple way to get a relaxing break on his bus? I've been trying to enjoy my music for the past couple of minutes but despite how much I want it to smooth into hours, it just isn't happening for me. As I try to figure out the reason why my music is failing me one colour stands out of my phone screen: red. It's dying. It's so close to dying, basically standing on it's last legs.

How can this be happening? One thing after another and now this. Why?! I groan as the music finally stops meaning there's no chance of any immediate revival. Of course I have a charger, but oh yeah, I'm still trapped on this stupid bus where there's a grave lack of outlets.

Suddenly a continues chime of tones grabs my attention towards it and instantly I look towards my phone with hope. As soon as I find the disappointing truth of the matter I get curious to find the actual location of the source, justifying them to be popular in the scheme of time.

"Something wrong?"

"Actually I was... wondering the same thing about you."

Before he gets a chance to answer him he looks towards me as if looking for an answer. Honestly, I have no idea what he's seeking so he whispers loud enough for me to hear, rolling his eyes annoyingly towards me in the process, "Did you get any messages about Ennis?"

When I finally understand given his explanation, I hold up the blank screen of phone telling him "My phone's dead but no."

With that information he begins to explain everything about Ennis's not well being, of course not mentioning all the werewolfitude. It warms my heart to see Ethan trust somebody like that. Despite exteriorized the big bad wolf behaviour continuously he does have a heart, at least for one person. It's romantic, endearing, and honestly worth being jealous about.

But there's also the fact that Ennis's might not dead. It's mostly certain he isn't but there's no chance it's not going to stop the possibility of others dying. If he did die wouldn't I have been the one to have killed him, pushing him off the edge. Would it count? I have this strange desire for him to be dead so I can inherit his powers. It would mean a less transfusion of vampire and werewolf amongst only me.