12.

CHAPTER TWELVE

There are many things people tend to keep to themselves. For protection of others. In a matter of self interest. Many varying reasons, and somehow they're all wrong. No matter how much it's meant to stay a secret, it manages to escape away too easily. The answer is simple: they're not meant to be kept to one person. It's too selfish.

I've never understood the point of secrets and it continues to stand. As it's true, I've found myself falling into the this bad habit.

Isaac.

I'm keeping him a secret from my pack. Although it's been his choice to keep it a secret from the beginning, I've started to not question it anymore. My doubts about keeping a secret from absolutely everyone has faded away with every well-kept confidential kiss.

Ever since Boyd's death, Isaac brought up his proposition from the hotel. I don't know if it was guilt or not, but something told to just say yes. And I did.

I've never had a boyfriend before and now that I think I do, no one knows. The secrets bound to escape but now were hiding it too well. Even if I was to spill my guts to someone, I wouldn't have anyone to tell as I've pushed the closest things to having friends away a long time ago. Luke and Lucy have seemed to get over my betrayal towards them, but I haven't completely passed through the guilt process myself.

But even if I did have some connection to them, what would I start spilling first? The most normal: a hidden boyfriend? Or would I try to connect even further by letting them know the existence of the supernatural world that I've been thrown into? They don't deserve to know the horror and evil I've been inducted into. All the claws, canines, blood, and so much more would horrify them that they would leave on their own.

They shouldn't be exposed to such a horrible environment if they are able to avoid it. Ignoring them has been good for them, even if they don't know it. They've grown closer together and I've honestly always wanted that.

"What are you thinking about?" Isaac asks, pulling me thought of my thoughts.

Sighing, I decide not to bother him with the details. "Nothing." I smile, trying to seal the deal.

"I don't believe you," he says.

"Well then, you don't need to worry about it," I reply, kissing him so we can get off the subject.

He's shocked at first but eventually he relaxes against my touch.

When we pull apart he says, "If you say so," while touching my hair.

"Thank you for understand," I say, still faking a smile.

He continues to play with my hair for a little while longer before pointing out, "your hair changes a lot, at least with me."

He pulls a strand of hair into my view and I notice how it's darker than usual. During my recent training with the alpha pack, I've been consuming a lot of alpha blood to enhance my power and even after the blood seemed to leave my system, my hair stayed red. It must be the power or something but I don't know how it would be changing back to my original shade now.

Changing from black slowly back to a more vibrant red in Isaac hand, I admit to him, "I know just as much as you do."

Suddenly a chime rings throughout my room. Isaac pulls out his phone, barely checking it before saying, "I think we should get to you to school," bopping my nose jokingly afterwards.

I laugh before curiously asking, "What about you?" I reach for my backpack, busying myself while anticipating his reply.

"Scott texted me, he needs me," he answers vaguely. "But I'll see you later; okay?"