13.2

CHAPTER THIRTEEN PART TWO

There's an old saying about the human anatomy: "When one thing goes, another one strengthens." For example, if you become paralyzed from the waist down, your legs strengths would go into your arm because you would use them a lot more.The same goes to say for the five senses, even if they are already heightened werewolf scenes.

The lights were cut in the entirety of hospital, making Dawn get an idea. Although she could use her red eyes to easily see her surroundings — that was the twin's idea for sure — she decides to use her weaker human eyes.

With her vision inapt, she wanted to use her hearing to her advantage. She could use her werewolf hearing, but now that she doesn't have to utilise her full vision, her hearing is strengthened even further. It might help her hear movement or conversations around the hospital, making them easier to be find.

She closes her eyes, standing perfectly still, honing her ears to hear a range further than she has ever heard. And the one conversation she was focused on made her regret having advanced hearing.

***

Scott's mother was in the building, being the last concerned nurse around.She only wanted to stay to ensure the safety of her own son. Instead, she stumbled upon a danger of her very own, encountering Deucalion around. When he persuaded her to cut the electricity, her use become of no importance to him anymore, letting her go.

Kali, on the other hand, didn't agree with his decision. "You should've kept his mother," she started to argue.

"Is that so?" Deucalion was honestly curious to hear her position.

"You have a soft spot for him, just like Dawn" she determined. "Don't tell me he's you offspring too."

Her attempt to joke was no well received, just like she expected.

"I have an investment I'm trying to mature," he answers. "Dawn's my blood so she wasn't hard to persuade although she might not fully know why. If you want to talk about soft spots. Let's talk about Jennifer Blake. Or... what was her name again?"

Earlier one, they encountered her in the hospital. As soon as Jennifer got off the elevator, Deucalion and Kali were at the scene. Deucalion, although still blind, uncapped the sharp end of his walking cane, throwing it to her scared little face. It was a warning shot, he could've easily gotten her if he wanted, but he was just looking for a little distraction so Kali could get to her better.

Seconds after the walking cane was launched at her, she retreated back to the still opened elevator shaft, urgently pressing the close door button excessively when Kali was coming towards her direction. The door was so close to completely shut but Kali managed to get to her claws in between the doors, trying to open it up again. Her strength was enough to pry the door open if Jennifer didn't use her darach powers, right when she could fully see Kali's face, to push her away, just by touching the metal. Kali couldn't take the impact, sliding away, giving Jennifer another successful escape route.

But that was what came to mind when Kali thought of Jennifer Blake. She thought about her embasarry. "Julia," Kali spoke. It was as if the name was spoken too loudly, she might come to haunt her for too long, but memories still flooded into her thoughts nevertheless.

"Ah."

"I didn't understand why I had to kill her too. She was harmless. But I did it because you wanted me too. I did everything you asked to be a part of this pack." Deucalion's only request for admission into the alpha pack was simply to kill your previous pack, all of them.