11.

CHAPTER ELEVEN

How? How am I going to accomplish anything when my head is clouded with one thought: Isaac? It's impossible but it needs to be done. I need an excuse to avoid homework, yes, but this is frustrating. Thinking of him is getting nothing done.

He's only on my thoughts and that's it. I could be talking to him, anything else, but instead I don't know what to think of us. Should I say yes or not? It's impossible to figure out what I should do.

It's the worst condition to even try and attempt homework.

As soon as my phone rings, I climb over my textbooks and notebook papers trying to receive my phone that's in between crumpled sheets. Anything to stop doing homework and thinking about Isaac.

I get it in my hands after falling on the floor with a thud and immediately answer yes despite there not being a name on the screen.

"Hello and why do you have my number?" I say, trying to make my voice sound as casual as I can after falling on my ass so recently ago.

"Dawn," the voice starts off shakily. "I-I don't know what happened to him. I swear I didn't do anything; I wouldn't think of it."

He's talking at such a pace I could hardly understand him, but somehow I've distinguished it as Ethan. "Calm down and talk slower this time."

"There's not enough time! I'll text you the address. Come soon I'm really worried!"

And a buzz. The call has ended only to be followed by a text tone.

I disregard it right now as I try to contemplate a strategy to get the car without anyone's detection.

Trying to remember anything that Deucalion taught me during his training on controlling my werewolf senses. I need to block out any other distractions so I can focus on hearing if any of my family is awake or not. It's pretty late in the night, making me doubt it but I have to make sure.

When all I hear are crickets, I wonder if I'm doing it right. I must if I'm focusing on my family and hearing nothing. That must mean they're asleep or something. I rush out my bedroom in hopes that I used my powers correctly.

As I wake down the stairs, I pride myself in unconsciously wearing my fluffy bunny slippers because they're giving off the least amount of noise, even during the times I feel like I'm slipping on a couple of the stairs.

Now if I'm right the keys are in a bowl on the table closest to the front door — the perfect place to put valuables during a burglary attack; right? When I make it to the bottom of the stairs, I walk past the empty dark dining room, giving me relief at its emptiness. Staggering through the corridor, I rummage through the contents of the bowl on the table, finding a couple pairs of keys. I pick up a familiar set and dash out the front door in rash hopes.

I've recently been able to steal the car, learning how to drive it by myself, whenever I'm needed for alpha training, which takes some sneaking around. The training has granted the twins plenty of opportunities to kick my ass just like how I did during our first fight together. The entire process has been incredibly helpful, nevertheless.

After pulling the address into my phone to show me to the destination, I try to understand the phone call, while driving through the night. There wasn't a caller ID but I recognised it to be one of the twins. Ethan's more compassionate, at least showing it to one person: Danny. so he becomes my lead perpetrator. I really hope he wasn't lying about not harming him because I might know him at all, but I understand how no one should be thrown into random werewolf business.