Page 43

I still felt so weak, I felt as if a truck had run me over. I numbly put on some clothing that Athena had given me all that adrenaline was dissipated reality now sinking in that my best friend is on the brink of death. I did not know what to do and if I was by myself I would probably be in a fetal position sobbing like a child. I wasn't alone though, Emmett held onto my hand tightly. It was strange we moved like magnets, neither one of us wanting to be too far from the other. I looked up at him his amber eyes met mine and his lips curved into a warm smile. he leaned down and kissed my forehead. I hope this feeling never goes away, his kiss sent a warmth down my body, it was like electricity coursing through me. It energized me, I felt ten folds better with his lips pressed anywhere against my skin. I leaned to him a little more not caring how much I looked like a lovestruck puppy. Our bodies needed each other our souls were woven together we were meant to be with each other, we denied it for so long.

"Athena, what should our course of action be?" I asked, She looked over at me and furrowed her brows. Both Emmett and I were badly wounded,  me slapping him really didn't help the fact that he was hurt. "Sorry for slapping you by the way," I mumbled my face heating up slightly. I heard him chuckle and he wrapped his arms around me completely enveloping me my face was smashed into his chest.

"I'll just have to get you back later," he pulled away slightly so that I was now staring up at his face and he winked. My face heated up even more but I didn't let him go, I just continued hugging him. 

"We need to get you two to the pack house," she ran her hands through her hair. "I just don't know how we will go about doing that."

"We all need to hurry over tell them what happened," I chewed my lip, thinking of Rose sacrificing herself for Emmett and me made me sick, my stomach was doing flip flops. She was more then my best friend she was like my little sister. I wanted to protect her from everything. I know that isn't possible but I can't help it.

"Emmett I know it is a lot to ask but do you think you could turn into your wolf," I heard Athena ask. 

"Of course he can't he is injured it would be a huge risk to turn into his wolf," I felt like was shouting, I don't know why Athena would ask him to do that she had to have seen how badly wounded we both were.

"Luna I am fine, you don't need to worry so much," He chuckled and pulled me closer to him his arm wrapped snuggly around my waist. I felt safe. "Why do you want me to shift?"

"You could carry Luna while you run, I can see all the pain in her, shifting would tear her up emotionally and physically. You need to get their fast, who knows how long your friend might have. I have to calm down the trees I will find you after." I wanted to interject to say I was fine but deep down I knew I was badly injured. I didn't want Emmett risking himself I could also feel his pain. Emmett nodded his head.

"Thank you for your help miss," he smiled at Athena and turned to me. "Don't worry Luna, I am in much better shape than you are."

"Says you," slipped out before I could even close my mouth.

 He smiled at me, my heart fluttered, "I have to get you back twice as hard now." Emmett gave me one last kiss before he shifted. He moved away from us and quickly shifted letting out a slight howl of pain. He shook himself and walked over to me. he nudged his nose against my leg and laid down so that I would get on his back. Athena helped me onto his back, it was strange sitting on a wolf's back, my mates back. I had been horseback riding before but this was different as he rose I felt more unsure about sitting on his back. I grabbed a fist full of fur. 

"You are going to want to hold on real tight Luna, lean down on him okay," I did as I was told and flattened myself against him. "Run as fast as you can Emmett." He nodded his head and she backed away from him. He didn't need to be told to start running he just shot off like a rocket. I think I let out a small scream of panic but I leaned in closer to Emmett and felt calmer. It was so strange being on his back instead of running alongside him. I could feel my wolf yearning to leap off of him and run but I had to push that down. I relaxed against him and closed my eyes, feeling the cold air blast against my face as he ran. I felt safe, we are going to rescue you Rose. We are going to tell the pack that the insanity is cured. With Emmett and me together we could do anything.