Page twenty-two

"So Luna why was Emmett here?" Rose asked casually as she plopped herself onto my bed. I shrugged, I didn't want to talk to Rose about Emmett.

"I'm just going to go take a shower, you can stay if you like." I turned and padded over to the bath room and closed the door softly behind me. I looked at myself in the mirror. My face looked pale the freckles on the bridge of my nose stood out more. I touched my cheeks that were still damp from crying. I don't even know why I was really crying. I swallowed hard and turned away from my reflection and began to undress throwing the clothes into the hamper.

I don't even know my own emotions right now. It's all jumbled up in my head. I step inside the shower and closed the glass door turned on the water and let the warmth caress my body.

I felt my lip tremble and tears began to pour out of my eyes. This was annoying. Crying all the time, I just couldn't stop though. My life felt like it was being tested apart. My mate was someone I could not be with, some strange monsters wanted to kill me, a classmate wanted to kill me, I might have to leave the pack and I can't stop crying. I felt more broken then I have ever felt. I sat down onto the tiled floor bringing my knees to my chin and wrapping my arms around it.

'Luna are you alright?' My wolf asked.

'No I'm so confused I don't understand anything, Luna our whole situation is a big question mark to me. I need to know more. I need to understand you wolves. I'm confused, all that the elders have said seems to be untrue. Please help.'

'I understand, what would you like to know first my dear Lu.'

I thought for a moment. 'Why can't white wolves and black wolves be mated?'

'A while ago, when we were first inhibiting the humans. A black furred wolf and white furred wolf were mated, they were always fighting with each other.' Luna paused for a second to collect her thoughts. 'Their eyes began to turn red. Every time they got near each other eventually this "insanity" began to spread within the pack. They all were fighting. No one was connecting, only bickering until one day the black wolf killed his mate. He was the first member to ever kill another wolf let alone his own mate. The black wolf killed his human and the spirit so the same punishment was put onto him. No one knows why it happened. Even I don't know. It just happened. So the pack made the rule that no white wolf and black wolf can be mated, if they are they must leave the pack.'

'What is the insanity?'

'I don't know, it's this strange anger that firms within us and we crave blood. Destruction takes over and we no longer listen to reason.'

'What were those creatures?'

'They are fey's they crave balance in the world, they aren't evil per-say but they aren't good. They are annoying creatures.'

More questions are being answered leaving me slightly less confused.

'Will we make it Luna?'

'I don't know Lu, I apologize.'

'I hope we do, I'm starting to like him.'

I felt Luna smile, 'I think you should finish your shower Luna.'

I nodded and got up off the floor and began to watch myself. The water was beginning to loose it's heat. I washed out my hair the scent of warm vanilla flowed throughout the bathroom engulfing my body in its warm scent. I lent my mind go blank and just confined to wash my body. My legs were prickly after not shaving them for such a long time. I sighed and turned off the water and got out the shaving cream. I needed an ledge or something. I opened the shower door and stepped out, and began to slip. What the heck. A scream escaped my lips as I began to fall to the ground.

"Luna are you alright?!" The door bursted open and Emmett caught me just in time.

My eyes widen and I began to blush. "Let go of me you perv!"
Oh god he's seen me naked. I tried to cover what I could and snapped away from him.

"Oh," he looked at me wide eyed his amber eyes holding onto to innocents. "I didn't realize." He began to blush. I felt so exposed. I didn't know what to do, I can't believe he seeing me naked, this was the first boy ever to see me naked and my legs weren't even shaven.

"Get out! Get out! Get out!" I began to yell hysterically, I felt his eyes on me.

"I'm-I'm uh so sorry to have bothered you, I'm sorry," I began to stumble out. He turned and smacked right into the wall. "Shit," he cursed and I couldn't help but let out a little giggle.

"I'll talk to you when I'm dressed Emmett." He turned and smiled at me. "UGH EMMETT DON'T LOOK AT ME!"

"Right sorry," he turned and quickly walked out closing the door behind him.

'That was different,' I heard my wolf giggle. It was a different side of Emmett that no one ever sees. I liked it. I really did like him, I would be lying if I said I didn't, I just hope that we can make it.